SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I race on a slotfire track at Anglia Slot Racing. The BMW M3 is tail happy. I have a large lump of lead slapped in the middle behind the front axle. Tyres are true and glued. Its running a NSR 21k king engine with 9/28 gearing. Each and every corner it loves to kick out after a few laps, tyres cleaned and taped its a bit better. Tyres------- Slot it P5's which are fine on the track.

Other saloons, Spirit Peugeot 406, the £10 SCX trekstor Merc are in the same tuned condition but behave impeccably.

Do I need to loosen screw mounts off, its a spring type motor pod tightened up. Is the chassis in need of strengthening?

I love the look of the car so want to get it running in a competitive form.

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F15s' ....not tried them. P5 s' used by many at ASR..... will have a go with the F15s'.

Always found NSR tyres to be problematic ...no grip whatsoever.

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the detailed explanations everyone. Looked at the body catching the tyres in the corner...yes it does, Ordered some F15s' last night so will give that a go.
Regarding the P5s'...Our club champion used them on his Jag in the last GT race of the season and was uncatchable, I know they were P5s as he bought them off me to replace the tyres that had disintegrated. Straight line the BMW is competitivebut all the tips will be tried and tested.
AAWSCC: Overpowered....never...

Screwneck: Thanks for the tip regarding a screwdriver could be where I was going wrong

Flange:Looking forward to trying the F15s, I see the Molesey club run Slot Fire too so take your comments on board.
Crusader and Brembo thanks for the suggestions.
Johnny Nobber are you trying to get all my cars banned??, Would like to see how you wedged the angle winder version in.

Gary

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... tried a few of the suggestions. The body was catching on the tyres so the pod was loosened. The wheels were moved in with a smaller axle being added to bring the wheels in, this was to avoid rubbing inside the wheel arches.. lastly F15s' added. F15s' were a total nightmare to true, I had to use water on the tyre and reduce the voltage for a very slow truing process The result was a very stable car for about 10 laps until the car started to pick up the muck from the track then the tail did start to flip out but nothing like before.. Overall the advice received has resulted in a car that will probably make its debut in the saloon class in the near future, its now fast , drivable and with luck will be competitive if I take care in the final laps.

Thanks everyone.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts