SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
483 Posts
QUOTE (Dopamine @ 9 Jul 2011, 19:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dismantling the car requires removing the gearbox casing, which conceals a small screw that holds the rear wing in place and also clamps the top and bottom shell halves together.Took a bit of figuring out that...

QUOTE (cabbyman @ 13 Jul 2011, 11:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there any chance of a few pictures of the underside and inside of this model, I'm curious to have a look at the crown and pinion.I have not gotten around to taking a picture yet but I just took mine apart and there is a VERY significant and pleasant surprise: Fly is to be commended for placing a spacer between the crown gear and the bushing, therefore positively locating the crown gear! As far as regularly priced inline cars go, I cannot offhand recall any manufacturer doing this. It might be a case of necessity being the mother of invention as it looks like the crown gear was meant for a 2mm motor shaft while the FF50 motor has a 1.5mm shaft, but I still like it. If I were to be nitpicky I could also say that the resultant mesh is a bit tight for my taste, but this will probably improve with some running.

Looking forward to getting this on the track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.