SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last (and before the offical release date I believe
) the Lotus 78 is with the retailers. Good news as this is a car I have been looking forward to owning since it was first announced a few years ago.

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Philip

· Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yep!! The Fly build quality is not great. I need to sort out wonky exhaust pipes and the air box is not sitting on the engine properly
....but it still looks great

Cheers,
Philip

· Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Andi (Conti_rowland) has hit the nail right on the head. The build quality may be suspect, the driver look odd, but I will also buy the Brabham when it is released (and if it ever comes out the Renault that was advertised when the Lotus was announced) as there are too few classic 1970/80 F1 cars available.

If they issue a Peterson or Neilson (?) versions of this Lotus I will also buy them. (I did draw the line at the Keegan and Lees Williams' though.)

If there was a better alternative to Flyslot I would purchase that. But until then I am a happy chap.
(Until this car was issued I had to make do with a Polistil Lotus 78!!!!)

Now, where is my screwdriver and glue?

Cheers all,
Philip

· Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
QUOTE (Slots-O-Fun @ 13 Jul 2011, 17:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What Brabham and Renault are they considering? I must have missed that thread.

The Brabham is the BT49 as shown in the latest Flyslot flyers. It is a bit of a shame it is the BT49 as there are several versions already available. However, the Scalextric does not look quite right, MRRC is too bloated and lacks detail, and the Vanquish is over-scale.

The Renault was the RS01 (I think) and was announced at the same Toy Fair that the 78 was first publicised (2008/9?!!?)

Cheers,
Philip

· Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hi GH
To remove the gearbox cover you need to "pinch together" the top and bottom. There are flanges with bumps that grip into holes in the engine section. Sometimes a bit of gentle assistance with a small flat head screwdriver can help.

The first time removal is required it is a bit nerve-wracking but once done successfully it gives confidence to do it again when required (and being a Flyslot it is almost certain it will have to be opened up more than once!!!).

Good luck!
Philip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.