SlotForum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Mine also has its right arm missing but more seriously when i took it apart i found that the crown and pinion mesh is totally buckled so that on each revolution of the wheels the play goes from zero to 1.5mm!!!

Anyway, sadly perhaps i'm still well happy with it!!!!!!!!

Andi

· Registered
479 Posts
It was dis-arming to hear your comments so I rushed back to look at my two, and I'm pleased to say that mr andretti had all his limbs attached in both cars, unlike a recent ferrari 250lm I receieved (more later)! As for the tyre logo's I'm sorry to let you down Mr Elford fan (i'm also an amirer of VE's career) but I simply swapped them from another Fly car. I am slightly dissapointed with the anouncement of the Brabham BT49 as a future release, is it me or like the Williams its a bit boring? I like many would have liked to have see the renault turbo they were planning a while back... but I cant see them gettin any alternative livery options out of doing that

Regarding QC issues I'm sure we would all rather have something from Fly and not at all, and acourding to my supplier in the UK, Fly are aware and are striving to make improvements in this area. I spend a lot of my time in the US and often have stuff shipped there if I cant wait, and when I received my David Piper 250lm recently his arm was rattling around in the car. Did I come on here and whinge about it, going on about expecting more for my money, no, I simply removed two screws levered out the interior, clipped his arm back in and re assembled, total time 3-4 minutes tops! I am sure that is something 99% of people on here could do. Now bearing in mind that model had made at least 3 trips in hands of various shippers, I dont think 3 minutes of my time is much to ask to own a nicely finished and proportioned model at reasonable price of a classic 60's sports car too much to ask do you?

BTW the reference of whinging was not directed at anyone on this thread.

· Premium Member
429 Posts
And the right arm has been sent today to me courtesy of TST. Top service!!!

Regarding the whinging mentioned previously, I think it's taken out of proportion. I spent definitely more than 5 minutes of my time on each FLY car I have (50+) and was never dissatisfied with them. It's just that in this case something was missing. Even though I'm moderately skilled, I can't make a new plastic arm out of nothing.

And I still love FLY cars!

· Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I have completed a scratchbuilt Ferrari 312T4 with the assistance of INDYCALS.

Feel free to have a look at my FACEBOOK photoalbum shot of the T4

· Premium Member
2,334 Posts
QUOTE (Ian H @ 27 Aug 2011, 12:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have completed a scratchbuilt Ferrari 312T4 with the assistance of INDYCALS.

Feel free to have a look at my FACEBOOK photoalbum shot of the T4
QUOTE (Ian H @ 1 Sep 2011, 02:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some more photos from different angles.

· Premium Member
2,334 Posts
QUOTE (VicElfordFan @ 27 Jul 2011, 01:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lobsterboy - your tyre decals look excellent - where did they come from please?

There are many sources of course but I think these look particularly striking!!

Regards,
VicElfordFan

You can get these decals from INDYCALS in the US.

Really good value (usually each sheet costs about £6.12 including shipping).

The Goodyear decal sheet comes with enough decals to do 10 pairs of tyres (including the inside of the tyre wall) Plus the same again for front tyres.

The front tyre ones work equally well on the rear tyre so you get more bang for your buck!

They are really easy to use, they barely need any soaking in water (just get them a bit wet) and they slide off the backing paper an absolute treat.

I just seal them in with a light coat of clear acrylic varnish.

· Registered
114 Posts
I've just got one of these + the Williams off ebay, initially very disappointed with the way they run on sport track, I've changed the braids on the the Williams OK but I am struggling to separate the JPS. Going back to post no 18 by Dopamine he says
"Dismantling the car requires removing the gearbox casing, which conceals a small screw that holds the rear wing in place and also clamps the top and bottom shell halves together"
Does anyone know how you remove the gearbox casing?

Many Thanks

· Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hi GH
To remove the gearbox cover you need to "pinch together" the top and bottom. There are flanges with bumps that grip into holes in the engine section. Sometimes a bit of gentle assistance with a small flat head screwdriver can help.

The first time removal is required it is a bit nerve-wracking but once done successfully it gives confidence to do it again when required (and being a Flyslot it is almost certain it will have to be opened up more than once!!!).

Good luck!
Philip

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.