SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
flyslot want to establish themselfs in the top brands of slotcars. the first offering will be the ferrari 512 BB, the body and detail are superb. no pictures of chassis or prices yet. courtesy of slotcar today.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well Fly always did good detailed models, its just their quality control is very poor.

if they don't improve on that side I won't be buying any more fly

·
David H
3,727 Posts
I really hope that Flyslot are serious about becoming one of the top brands, because their quality control is dire right now, probably the worst of all the mass market brands. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing any improvement in their current and future products though, as the news article says that the new product line will "coexist with the current models but with a perspective FlySlot highly structured".

I also wonder about their choice of car. Carrera already produce a very nice 512BB and, I think, still hold the licence to produce Ferrari slot cars. Has this changed?

www.slotcar-today.com

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have a Flyslot Doran EJ4 which i received from Pendels in their daily offer for £19-99p is this not the first one, looks are not bad nice body and a nice flat chassis a Boxer type motor ,on the track not bad at all handles very well, chassis looks very good for developing all in all for that sort of price you can't go wrong for a basic slot car Keith.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
QUOTE (Dopamine @ 16 Sep 2012, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I also wonder about their choice of car. Carrera already produce a very nice 512BB and, I think, still hold the licence to produce Ferrari slot cars. Has this changed?

www.slotcar-today.com

No, simply don't expect the Ferrari name to appear on the product and no prancing horse on the model.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I wonder why the other manufacturers like Slot.it and Scalextric don't circumvent the license issues this way too. It's a pity their Ferrari lineups have ended.

·
Registered
873 Posts
cos scalextric is one of the largest slot manufacturers in the world so they wont take any risks because they are worth taking to court due to Hornby size.
Slot it is a lot smaller but still worth taking to court.
however flyslot is pretty small these days so if you took them to court you would not get much out of them.
other possibility is that fly slot are sublicensing from CARRERA so can produce legally ....
other possibility is that it may be a resin shell so comes under different licensing than plastic ....
who knows ... licensing is a minefiled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts