SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is kind of off topic but I came across this on Ebay and thought a few of you could apprieciate it.

GT40

·
Premium Member
5,148 Posts
Not bad indeed but for gawd sake, dump the wheels and find a set of correct BRM jobs. Or at least apply basic taste and color them black.

For $100K, I think I will still stick to a Porsche 993 twin-turbo, a bit more practical for my old bones and a bit more discreete.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hmmmm.... I don`t know mate, looks a bit stumpy for me. Is it accurate? I`ll get me callipers I reckon it could be a few mil out

·
Registered
420 Posts
did you see the engine? - is it really supposed to have that oval filter on top? Dont remember that one from Goodwood...

//peter

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well, it is a 21st century replica of a 20th century car, hence the differences in air filters, wheels etc. Also it was built for a Playmate of the Year! so basic taste in wheels probably didn't come into it. We don't understand women anyway!

Those exhaust manifolds may be custom mandrel bent, but they look a bit too tight IMHO! and a bit small!

Mark.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Personally I like this bit:

'If you have negative feedback or no feedback please contact us prior to bidding or we reserve the right to cancel your bid. We will try to be as accommodating as possible.'

So, if you've bought/sold a couple of slot cars for $20-$30 you're probably OK for around $100,000!

·
Registered
90 Posts
As for who the car was built for...Karen McDougal who was Playboy's 1998 playmate of the year...she is a bit of a high performance nut. She's been known to own various high performance and exotic cars like a ferrari, lambo, Bentley, this GT-40, several Vettes and if I remember right, a superbird as well as several bikes of all sorts including one made by Orange County Choppers.

here's a 'safe' shot of her...safe as in not offending the kiddies!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the info Brian. I don't have access to back issues of Playboy magazine

It's a shame more women aren't petrolheads, especially beautiful ones! I wonder if she'd like to come slot racing?
Ah well...dreaming is free (so far!)

Mark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts