Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Nico,
you sure this relates to slots ? Down here the site keeps getting blocked - and this usually means scantily dressed females - but if it's about Chesnay I guess I can pass
Beppe

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Nico
Welcome and thank you very much for that!
Three and a half minutes of good video with sound - it took around 4 minutes to download using ADSL in my case.
It is in ASF, format which can only be played by Windows Media Player, but CAN be saved for future viewing, without any need to download again.
Great!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Nico,

Digital... hmmm... SCX, Carrera, Ninco and Scalextric will all produce their own digital systems which will not work with each other. Can you call this madness with words PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT

A great idea but

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi NASCARMAN,
I fully agree with you BUT there is also a system called DAVIC that can be adjusted to each normal manufacuterer as the guys adopt to each track system the lane changing devices (also for routed tracks) and all you need to do is implement a small chip into each car (Carrera, Fly, Ninco, Sclaextrix,... you name it). The chip fits easily into 1/32 cars (I have already raced with that) so it should fit in any other slotcar 1/32 or bigger.

Pictures from that race to be seen here:

http://users.skynet.be/carrera-slot-racing...sement_2003.htm

Nico

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi

i'm french, near Paris, an i can tell you that i often use the DAVIC system in tree places :
- Chenay (up to 16 cars)
- Montmartre (up to 10 cars)
- Montesson (don't know... about 8 cars)

this is great, quite different with classical slot, but very nice! normally, a commercial version of the DAVIC system should be ok during 2004 with a numerical technology that mean that there a no limit for the number of cars and the small part to put in a classical car is about 25€

it is compatible with most slot (scalex, ninco etc... the changing line is woodmaked).

i like it a lot!!

elicend

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys,

afaik DS Slot plans to bring out the Davic system for home use. Plan was *this* year.

This is definitely the digital system i'm waiting for. It's so easy to get a car (each car) running on the track ( just put in a transponder and YES they are swappable).

Time will tell if it is going to happen though....

·
Registered
153 Posts
QUOTE (elicend @ 18 Feb 2004, 08:30 PM)a commercial version of the DAVIC system should be ok during 2004 with a numerical technology
that was that i wanted to say

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE anyone see the yellow car get shunted

Shoulda known you'd see that Inte...
Oh... wait... I did too..

Very well done video, quality wise, but not enough time on the track actually demonstrating the concept, if that was the intent. A little too much time on artsy stuff, IMO.

Is there a site anywhere, in English, that gives good detail about the Davic system?
I'm specifically looking for info on the components and how it works. It's a bit tough to get interested without this info. Yes, I've seen many sites that give praise to it, but no site that fully explains it or details the hardware necessary. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places?

See... I'm not anti-digital!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
My sigs are all real quotes

Yeah, I liked the music too! I just thought it ended before I'd seen what I came for...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE a commercial version of the DAVIC system should be ok during 2004 with a numerical technology
Just a tiny translation note for clarity:
'Numerique' in French translates to 'Digital' in English.

Welcome to the board, Areon and Elicend.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks Tropi - now it all makes a little more sense

//peter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts