SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I wanted to add a lighting kit to my Ninco BMW. I picked up the new style XB1 kit from Overdrive as well as the XA0 Exhaust flame kit. It seems that the instructions with the exhaust kit are for adding onto the XB2 kit. They are referring to a green wire on the XB2 kit that is not present on the XB1 kit. Should I consider the blue wire to be the green wire. And, there are two pads between that and the brown wires. Which one do I use???

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (LSIntegra94 @ 21 Mar 2004, 00:51)So, I wanted to add a lighting kit to my Ninco BMW. I picked up the new style XB1 kit from Overdrive as well as the XA0 Exhaust flame kit. It seems that the instructions with the exhaust kit are for adding onto the XB2 kit. They are referring to a green wire on the XB2 kit that is not present on the XB1 kit. Should I consider the blue wire to be the green wire. And, there are two pads between that and the brown wires. Which one do I use???

I have the same light kit; the + of the exhaust board is connected to the empty pad (in your photo) closer to the brown wires, the - is connected together with the brown wires.

Ciao
Otello

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Hi LS,

Officially the Exhaust flame add on can only be used with XB2, this is stated on the packet.
It may be possible to connect as mentioned by Otello above but the chips on each board are different and damage might occur.

I will direct Klaus from Overdrive to this post and see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello LS,

the exhaust flames can only be used together with the set XB2 (with additional brakelights) because it is connected in the same line as the brakelights and when using the combined tail/brakelights the exhaustflames would flicker all the time a bit.

It is possible to change the XB1 into a XB2, but this needs some experience and we give a short description 'how to do' on request.

Regards
Klaus

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello Overdrive!

I'm in the U.S. How can I purchase your lighting kits?

Kelly!

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 25 Mar 2004, 13:19)Officially the Exhaust flame add on can only be used with XB2, this is stated on the packet.
It may be possible to connect as mentioned by Otello above but the chips on each board are different and damage might occur.
mmmmm... you are right: my kit is the XB2, with additional brakelights.
Sorry

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Kelly,

we have now a new distributor in the US which will make it easier for the US customers to get our kits. Please contact

REH Distributing
4415 Marburg Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45209-1396
Phone (513) 871-2813
Fax (513) 871-0330
[email protected]

We will update our site at the weekend so you will find a new orderform on the english part of our homepage the next week which should allow you to order it directly because it will take a while until the kits will be available in the stores in the US.

Regards
Klaus

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the Info! I've got to decide which cars to add this new lighting to.

Kelly!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for the error in the description of the exhaust flame kit, our mistake. LS if you could return the xb1 we are happy to swop for an xb2 at our cost. The product description on the website has now been changed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No worries here GetSlotted. Besides I'm all the way across the pond. But, thanks for the offer though. That just reinforces my thought that you guys are a great asset to all of us in the hobby.
I ment to e-mail you last night. But fell asleep too early. I'll have to find a more relaxing job.
I'll more than likely be fitting the kit to my Scaley Lister LMP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts