SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received my new Ford Capri Zakspeed from Sideways Racer and I have to say it's the dogs dangles!

Big thank you to Sideways Racer for producing such a fantastic slot car and from one of my fav classes.

Comes with off set mounts, awesome idea!

..easy to remove magnet

Beginning to like the idea of using grubs crews to hold the wires and braid in place

nice idea motor held in by a clamp

Quick true as the rubber was a not very round!

Chassis flat, front axle can be adjusted for all your different tracks.

Truing the tyres is a must, first run without was a bit shaky but after a quick true and half to a complete turn off the chassis/motor pod screws the Capri performed well round my Ninco track, kit tyres were a bit lacking in grip so some NSR Ultras were used with excellent results. Did use BRM and Slot.it 15's with similar results but NSR's have the edge. Note front tyres are very soft so Slot.it 0's can be used, but for now the kit tyres work fine.

Now for some arty shots..

OK Molesey members I'll be trying a few laps with this car on Thursday so if you would like to have ago just ask.

Bit of fun, I made a video in Rfactor (PC game) just for the sounds and car liveries.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/TZx1g93YHYY&list=UUnWNJETUYljoUUhvVhBZHcQ&index=1&feature=plcp?rel=0
link

Phil

·
Registered
439 Posts
Roll on the end of the month and pay day.

The Capri does look good.

However not a fan of the slot it guide wires being held in by the grubscrews. At our endurance race at Burnt Oak last month after about 30 mins running the wire came loose and had to be retightened and then again after another 30 mins. NSR ferrules should work a treat.

Thanks for sharing

Dave

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hey guys.

I have been prepping mine for tomorrow night at the club.

Always interesting to "blind set up" a new release.

Looking good so far.

Changed spur for reverse Slotit 32t, in order to push pinion further on to motor shaft and allow wider rear tyres.

I am using 0.5mm offset axle bracket, replaced rears with NSR Ultras on MTR hubs, changed guide for Scale Auto to lower front end,

replaced braid with soft flat NSR braids, and machined front uprights to allow lower ride height with oem tyres.

Replaced "allen screw" braid fitment with NSR ferrules.

Braced motor to rear axle bearings with brass rod "u-bracket", added 4gms "church roof" to under front axle to keep front end down,
and "shaved" chassis all round to allow movement.

We will find out tomorrow night at the club !!.

Ready to go.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Changed spur for reverse Slotit 32t, in order to push pinion further on to motor shaft and allow wider rear tyres. WHICH SLOT.IT CROWN IS IT PLEASE.

I am using 0.5mm offset axle bracket, replaced rears with NSR Ultras on MTR hubs. WHAT ARE THE MTR HUBS PLEASE.

I am thinking of Scaleauto hubs with Sponges and a Flat 6 RS when available, but 6R for now.

Presumably the front tyres could just be nailvarnished "in a nice colour " !!

Cheers C J A

1 - 10 of 10 Posts