SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
Again i would like the help of any of the members who might have a bit of knowledge about old cars.Can any one tell me how many different colours were made in the C15 Ford Mirage and would any one know if there was ever a Yellow one made.I would also like to know how many different colours were made in the C16 Ferrari P4,come on now lets see what your made of

·
Administrator
10,138 Posts
C15
Green, common
Red, rarish from a set
Blue rare, was marketed in blue also in a set one year only
Orange, very rare French
Greyish green, a few around, russian
No yellow

C16
Red, common
Blue, set car one year only
Yellow rare french

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
I have been watching with interest to see if any one would mension a yellow ford mirage,i have Green,Blue,Red,Orange,Lime Green and Gray Green i was hopeing someone would say there was a dark blue or a Yellow one. I have the three colours that are in the c16 Ferrari P4,i have red,Blue and yellow and again i was hopeing there was an another colour to get.

·
Administrator
10,138 Posts
According to the bible for the C16 there is red and then there is bright red. Not clocked that though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mirages - Apart from the russian greyish green and the very rare lime green the plain green one came in 2 very distinctive shades. A darker green like a Vanwall usually with a black interior and a lighter green usually with a brown interior. This lighter one was often a you steer car.
The french orange one has a white interior and I think the yellow P4 also has a white interior.

I have 6 different mirage colours, I need the lime green one!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
The You-Steer cars do extend the range in a way. I don't know that the body colours were any different, but they had unplated blue or orange wheels and a pink can motor.
I bought four or five when they were being sold off cheaply in the early 1970s, took off the "steering" parts and fitted standard guides. Also changed the "gearbox" to standard on at least one.
I don't know what they were like with the YS controller, but with standard controllers the YS gearbox had a freewheel effect and no brakes. Still, they were something different for home racing.
Rob J

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the info guys,please keep them comming it is good to get peoples minds working i would like to know is there any other nuts out there who collest the colours,and still no dark blue or yellow mirage yet,and is there only one colour in the c17 lambogini yellow

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Again
Has any one ever seen the blue Lamborgini,i would love to see oneor buy one if anyone would have one spare
i had a look on that slotcarportal to see the red one and i seen that derek cooper had it so i have been on to him to see if he still has it,he has got me a few good ones he seem to be able to put his hands on things very quickly.Come on with the blue Lambo please.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My photograph doesn't do justice to the 2 different greens, but they are quite different. I have a You steer conversion set from childhood, but I converted the cars to standard keeping the pink motors. I had spare set of chromed wheels for the P4 but the You steer car in the photo has one set of orange wheels and one set of blue.
you steer had no play value at all compared with the standard cars.

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
And a green 3.0CSL, so I hope we're not taking it as proof of anything

·
Administrator
10,138 Posts
So cruel...

I get all excited and then you throw a bucket of cold water on me...

There is a yellow mirage shown as well. I read on Adrian's site that the red and blue lamborghinis were clockwork versions not Scalextric but clearly using the same moulds, I wonder if they did the same for the Mirage????

Why do I feel another bucket of water coming

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is getting good i did not think that this would have as much interest as it has had but i would still like to see some pics of the yellow mirage,i thought i had found one in austrailia but it turned out to be painted,not good so if there is a proper yellow one let me see it
and then i will get on its trail,i would still like to see the blue lamboghini,come on someone out there is bound to have one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whats up has everyone given up i felt sure someone out there would post a picture of a yellow ford mirage,or a blue c17 lamborgini i think the only blue one is the one on the box of the you steer set,but i would love for someone to prove me wrong.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts