SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Whoa!!!

Worlds sexiest car EVER!!!!!!

I want one! 1:32, and 1:1!

You have to check out the pictures guys....

McLaren

·
Registered
800 Posts
The new Mustang is kind of big but it does look nice. It also makes 300 HP and 320 pounds feet of torque using a 3 valve 4.6L truck motor. You can afford one, here in the US they are reasonably priced at $30K USD for a GT with some options. They run mid 13s in the quarter and handle well on the twisties.

No clue on the model cars though. I'm still trying to find a '93 - '96 Lincoln Mark VIII model myself.

·
Registered
256 Posts
QUOTE (a Bill @ 2 Dec 2004, 03:39)The new Mustang is kind of big but it does look nice. It also makes 300 HP and 320 pounds feet of torque using a 3 valve 4.6L truck motor. You can afford one, here in the US they are reasonably priced at $30K USD for a GT with some options. They run mid 13s in the quarter and handle well on the twisties.

No clue on the model cars though. I'm still trying to find a '93 - '96 Lincoln Mark VIII model myself.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

using the current exchange rates you could buy one of those for the same price as a GOLF GTI 1800T (i have one )

but i know which i would prefere

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE The new Mustang is kind of big

What! You thought the old was small?

Like most US cars, once removed from their natural habitat they look huge on European roads. At least Mustangs and Camaros have styling which hides the length to some extent.

A better bet might be the GM Monaro. 5.7 litres of Chevrolet V8 which produces 329bhp, 343lb ft and feeds the rear wheels via a standard LSD and 6-speed close-ratio manual gearbox. 0-62mph in under 6 seconds, top speed 160mph.Just under £29,000 here ($50,000?).

Basically a coupe version of the Aussie V8 racers.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hired the 2003 Mustang for 2 weeks on holiday - loved it. Loved it mainly 'cos it was a mustang, and it looked cool. Had a big engine, and could overtake trucks in a snap, but it didn't feel sporty or powerful, and the steering was soft
. Fortunately it was a mustang, so that didnt matter! (oh and it was red too!!!)

·
Registered
800 Posts
What! You thought the old was small?

Well, I've worked on every Mustang made including some that weren't
and yup, the new one is big while the older ones were small. With the exception of the '71+which was bigger but didn't look fat like the new one does.

It isn't my fault you Europeans have goat paths for roads
j/k

Astro, you were driving a generic Mustang. Any passenger cars produced in the US are designed for the generic person. Obviously this person doesn't exist but the compromises made in production to get cars off the show room floor are there. After purchasing any American vehicle you need to tailor it to YOUR individual tastes. If they built the car to road race specs many buyers would complain the ride was too harsh (See the 1985 Chevrolet Corvette). If they built it for power, many drivers would end up in the weeds (See the Dodge Viper). Soooo, they build them for 'everyman' and let you take it from there.

I can assure you, the Mustang you were driving can be made to perform VERY well. It's still a low end budget car but it'll scoot and corner or whatever else you like. I've built or assisted in building many of these things and they respond very well to the tweaks.

I think the styling of the new 2005 car might be interesting enough to get a slot car made of the thing.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
well I wish you had told me that before, abill! I would have driven over to your place on the first day of the hols to have the car sorted out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts