Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the 'Pop Pop Pop' thread ( http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60321 ) -

OK, there's quite a few of my resin shells of the Pop out there, so let's see them please !

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.....

Finished pretty much as planned, in 'Mattel Hot Wheels' style, a Ford Pop custom UK-style from the '70s - '80s. Slot mags, purple flake paint, of-the-time driver in a denim suit, with suspect hair and face fungus !

The inspiration -

More pics and a build log here

Cheers

RICK

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Looking good Rick, just like the photo, great job....

Working on my one at the moment, post some photos soon.

All the best.. Martin.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all..

Rick, Just a few photos of my Pop during the build..

As you can see I have done a "Roof Chop", sorry to cut up such a nice body....

The photos show just as I have cut and lowered the roof.. The next job is to section the roof to re-join the pillars..
More photos to follow..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's looking cool, Martin!

I think I'll go off and do a Fordson van now - maybe even chopped......

Cheers

RICK

·
Ian
99 Posts
WOW! Brilliant job Rick,just found this thread,

When I saw your version, I thought that was really cool the sort of Martin would do, then I read down Martins at it too

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to even touch mine

One day I will

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all..

Yes, a Fordson Van sounds a great Idea.. put me down for a couple....

Not to sure, but I think Ford also done a Pickup.

All the best.. Martin.

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Nice build Rick. I'm liking the rear transmission detail.

Mine will be built soon. But, as I am sunning myself by a pool in Spain - not that soon!

I'm thinking outrageous paint, radical lighting and either an HRS chassis or a chase-cars chassis.

Gotta go - ice cold beer is calling!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent work Rick!

When I built my 1:1 size version, back in 1977, I tried to look cool in my car club t shirt, jeans and sunglasses, definitely didn't have the JK look!!

A Fordson Van would be a great project, go for it!!

There was a pickup version built originally, but only by Ford Australia, called a "Ute".

Or how about doing a coupe version? Here is the one I built, back in 1982.......unfortunately I never got to finish it.

Cheers
Ron

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Hi Guys
Not a patch on Rick's "Deep Purple" but here are a few pics of my take on his excellent body shell with a cross between the Dragster "Risky Trip" and the UK Street rod "Orange Pop" note the scaled down rear plate depicting two racing pops.
Cheers
Phil

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
QUOTE phil i trust that will be ur race car for saloons haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh you naughty tease, maybe next year we will have a mod-saloons event instead - I have been asked if the pop can be used and the answer is only if Rick's shell is modified back to more standard form with less pronounced arches - which seems like vandalism given how good his street rod version is.
Cheers
Phil

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice job, Phil !

FYI the front arches on my Pop shell are are standard road car width, but the rears represent 3-to-4" oversize flared ones for the 'custom' look.

However, I've deliberately left some 'fat' inside the rear arches so they could be filed back to standard width, though you'd then need to add a lip back. Do that & also remove the extra 'custom' fuel cap and the bullet indicators, and you're back to a bog-standard road car version of the Pop.

Cheers

RICK

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Thank you for the info Rick,
There you go guys, follow Rick's instructions (There are also some in the kit) and meet the Wolves rules on track, tyre sizes etc and you can enter one in October's event as a standard road car version. Get a finish like Rick has acheived on his and you could easily be in with a concours prize!
Cheers
Phil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts