SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

New release from MSC.
Ford RS-200 Swedish Rally 1986
Kalle Grundel / Benny Melander - Finished 3rd.

photo courtesy of www.shorey.net

Lightweight body mounted on an MSC Montecarlo chassis.
4 Wheel Drive, Drop arm guide.

The entire MSC range will be on display at the UK SlotFestival next weekend and you will be able to try out these cars on an SCX Chrono Rally track.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,127 Posts
im looking forward to seeing them in the flesh at the slot festival. got the belga rs200 and its definately a looker and doesnt run too badly either!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Ironman are you mad LOL "doesn't run to badly" these things are ballistic the motor is at least as strong as a Slot.It Boxer, the chassis is an absolute dream, and with the light weight body/interior its a winner for me. My only gripe with any car that is around the 45-50 GBP price tag is it should come with Ali Grub Screw Rear Wheels, MSC are not the only culprits there are many others who have been around a lot longer!
brembo

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,127 Posts
personally my chassis is a bit warped, the wheels were rubbing on the arches so i had to ass spaces and the wheel inserts come out any time i go around a corner at speed. But other than that it does run like a dream. I would have preferred grub screw wheels so i could have a set of road and off road tyres for the same car.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I got mine from Pendles yesterday and ran it in the rally championship at our club last night and it ran very well out of the box. Then I trued the tyres and it went even better and I won my round of the Rally championship with it.

However, it is very tail happy, has anyone oiled the tyres or tried different tires yet and whats the results?

Stephen

·
Registered
779 Posts
i fitted slot.it f22's to my belga version (this version not out in aus yet...boo!) and it's worth the best part of 10% for me. your typical 19x10 ish size tyre will work, other guys at my club run ortmann 51a's, mjk's etc.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,954 Posts
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 13 May 2011, 13:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

photo courtesy of www.shorey.net
A buddy of mine built a handful of 1:1 scale replicars of this car. I talked him into meeting up with me for a little photoshoot recently at Aphrodite's Rock in Cyprus...

DSCF1047 by stoooo, on Flickr

Believe it or not, the chassis of these replicars comes from a Subaru Impreza, and it also has all of the Subaru drivetrain. So these two cars, despite looking very different, are actually blood brothers under the skin.

I've got the old Scalextric version of this car, but it's probably time to update to one of the current offerings with modern contrivances such as tampo printing. But which one ? Scalextric or MSC ? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.