SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Had a bit of a disaster over the summer, the garage roof was damaged in a storm and my track took a bit of a battering (sob!!). So I took the opportunity to have a bit of a rethink and re-design. The deep L-shape of my previous track made the far corner very difficult to get to, so I had to alter that anyway.

I haven't done a track-plan yet, and there's tons left to do, but here's some pics of what I've done so far -

More pics here. As always, your comments are appreciated.

cheers,

Rob

PS I'm not 100% sure about the name, what do you all think?

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi Rob,
Just had a browse through your pics I think they are great as always I'm looking for inspiration and I like your trees they have sparked ideas for mine. I loved the "Homies" too, where do you get them from? Especially if they are cheap! The thing that I like about your layout the most is the fact you have painted the track to run in with the surroundings this give a better effect but I'm not sure I have the guts to do that do mine.

The name "Forrester's" does need something? To me it implies more of a rally track?? But as for something better I'm not much help though I feel it has an American feel so some thing like"Forrester's motor speedway".

I will keep checking for updates love the results so far

regards

·
Phil B.
3,805 Posts
I used to belong to the Forest of Dean Motor Club and my CB handle used to be Forest Minor ( because we rallied a Moggy). We ran the odd slot rally at the Speech House Hotel where the club met on Wednesdays.

Cheers - Phil B.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nomag

Phil - small world isn't it? If you ever run an event at the Speech House again, be sure to let me know?
LMP, was the Foster's wishful thinking?

I'm hoping to get some more work done on the track over the weekend, wife and kids permitting!

cheers,

Rob

·
Gary Skipp
6,657 Posts
Funilly enough I'm not prone to the brown to anything fizzy including certain alcoholic beverages...... (keeps a straight face)

On a tangent, don't you think a Foster's can would look good on that hairpin?

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys

Bleep, you're right, of course!
But I need to alter the stands a little bit first, to get them to sit flat. (There's nothing wrong with the stands, but the area they're on slopes quite steeply.)
Rene, anti-clockwise for now, but I am going to wire in a couple of switches so I can run in either direction (eventually!)

cheers,

Rob

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
I haven't been working at the furious pace set by some members of this forum, but I've gradually done a bit more -

safety fences and recovery wagon in place

and I made a building facade to cover some of the brickwork and try to give the impression of depth -

What d'you think?

cheers,

Rob

PS Bigger pics on my site.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.