SlotForum banner

Former NERCS re formation

7K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Martyn_ 
#1 ·
Okay I'll try again in a forum I can't be bullied out of.

Are there any former NERCS members interested in getting back together.

#2 ·
I am very disappointed that a forum mod just deletes the entire contents of a club forum.

This goes against the SlotForum rules, the spirit of the forum and is just not cool. Part of what makes SlotForum great is the archive it has of past events, club info and everything else. You can find the good and the bad.

If someone has a gripe, I would appreciate if you can talk to me before you press delete. I can archive a forum and it's contents in an orderly manner. It it is all deleted like this by a club forum mod, the trash can overflows and topics and posts are lost forever. A real shame.

#5 ·
It's been very sad seeing what has happened to, what appeared to be, a well supported club. I have no idea what the problems were or who was to blame, I just think it's a shame that it came to such an abrupt end for no obvious good reason.

I hope that those of you who still want to enjoy slot racing can find somewhere to do it, whether it be by reviving NERCS in some way or by going elsewhere.

Best of luck to ALL involved.

#6 ·
I am very disappointed with the deletion of the nercs forums. I have great memories from years ago and enjoy looking at the pictures and videos every now and then. So does that mean this information cannot be retrieved?

Things have gone over the top and have been blown completely out of proportion. If Wayne, Tony and others want to set up a new south of the Tyne club then I support them.

#7 ·
Hi all
so have all the NERC threads been deleted?
Ican't find one i posted on earlier this evening.
What an earth has gone on?
I am still curious about the track, whats happening to that?
Are we going to try and establish a south of Tyne club?
everyone /anyone is welcome to come and play on my routed track, thoughnot all at once the tracks quiet big and theres not that much room in my shed it's only 4.5 x 4.5 metres
I am up for it.
Wayne

#8 ·
QUOTE (DJ @ 17 Jan 2012, 20:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's been very sad seeing what has happened to, what appeared to be, a well supported club. I have no idea what the problems were or who was to blame, I just think it's a shame that it came to such an abrupt end for no obvious good reason.
Since I read, last evening, of the irrevocable closure of NERCS, I have been trying to find the words to express my feelings about it. DJ has saved me beating my brain any further. Well put comment.

If the current NERCS situation is solely down to a few people having differences of opinion, it is totally unbelievable.

How could a club which, on the face of it, was pretty successful simply die overnight?

#9 ·
Hi Wayne
Same goes for my garage based Scaley Sport track, it's a bit snug in there but if any of the chaps want to drop by one evening they are very welcome, obviously it ain't the same type of racing, but it's slot cars and fun and that's what that counts.

SCD

#11 ·
Dont hold your breath Wayne, im still waiting for my invite from SCD, I asked him about a year ago.

Cheers
Paul.

#12 ·
QUOTE (PJF @ 17 Jan 2012, 21:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont hold your breath Wayne, im still waiting for my invite from SCD, I asked him about a year ago.

Cheers
Paul.
Ooh ya bitch!
Seriously though folks, I've been making adjustments both to the track itself and the scenery cos'I wanted folk to be impressed (fat chance!) when they came. I was also trying to co-ordinate a visit from Kev, Ron and you Paul, but I kept getting cry offs. Be assured that even though the track is not quite as I would have it, all are welcome, even old gits who are trying to kid us that they are only 43!
Ready to race when you are.....

SCD

#14 ·
QUOTE (DJ @ 17 Jan 2012, 20:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's been very sad seeing what has happened to, what appeared to be, a well supported club. I have no idea what the problems were or who was to blame, I just think it's a shame that it came to such an abrupt end for no obvious good reason.

I hope that those of you who still want to enjoy slot racing can find somewhere to do it, whether it be by reviving NERCS in some way or by going elsewhere.

Best of luck to ALL involved.

DJ has got it spot on there.

NERCS was, well unitll a few hours ago, a very well supported club with a good amount of regular members

Unfortunatley it has all of a sudden been taken away from the very members that made the club succesful in the first place by investing their time and support into nercs on a continual basis with no apparent or seemingly good reason

Hope to see some of you guys at TSCC soon

Lee

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah seems a shame, but hey look on the bright side
TSCC has opened its doors to you all, and having viewed TSCC forum am sure you will all be well suited there. and they could do with a few new members to show them how to race.
there new premises sounds enthralling. and i am getting a bit fed up of seeing and reading about the abrupt demise of NERCS by it's members who seem to be at the top of new posts, I think you have aired your views, so can we have some good slot chat please.

#16 ·
Thanks for all the garage offers guys that's exactly what made NERCS the club it was. I guess there are reasons for this that arnt obvious but I am confident it was done for the right reasons. I don't want this to turn into a slanging match. What is done is done. Let's move forward to TSCC and maybe another south of the Tyne collective.

Besides we need a new track anyway that thing was months old. lol

Let's use this space to remember the good things about NERCS and despite the sudden closure leaving a sour taste lets look at it as a testament to how well supported it was that so many people are gutted to have lost it.

Let's be fair up until yesterday it was one of the best clubs in the UK.

#19 ·
I'm just looking forward to what we all enjoy best, getting down to some racing at TSCC.

Lets all now do our best to support Paul and his club to ensure we have atleast one club in the North East.

If in the future another club spawns from the ashes of Nercs then I'll do my best to support that club too.

for now, bring on next Wednesday and the Jammy doughnuts at TSCC.

Graham

#20 ·
QUOTE (wayne69x @ 17 Jan 2012, 23:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all the garage offers guys that's exactly what made NERCS the club it was. I guess there are reasons for this that arnt obvious but I am confident it was done for the right reasons. I don't want this to turn into a slanging match. What is done is done. Let's move forward to TSCC and maybe another south of the Tyne collective.

Besides we need a new track anyway that thing was months old. lol

Let's use this space to remember the good things about NERCS and despite the sudden closure leaving a sour taste lets look at it as a testament to how well supported it was that so many people are gutted to have lost it.

Let's be fair up until yesterday it was one of the best clubs in the UK.
Well said Wayne, I think we need as many Ex-NERCS as possible at TSCC next Wednesday, I'm sure there'll be loads to discuss and as you say there's no point using this forum to get into an unpleasant exchange of opinions.

See you then,

SCD

#21 ·
Its a sad thing thats happened, but its time to move on to pastures new, whats gone is gone.

Get down to TSCC and enjoy what you like best - racing

#23 ·
Wayne I'm looking forward to racing your wood track when I get chance. I've been saying that for as long as I can remember haven't I?

Dave it would be good to come and have a go on your garage lay out. Right on my doorstep an all. Can we race anything other than saloons

Lets have a bit crack about it at TSCC next week. I'm sure this will be the hot topic anyway.

Tony never mind beating Dave Wisdom we should try to become him.....

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
NERCS Forum Resurrection

When the forum topics were deleted they were mixed into all the trashed topics that have been deleted over the years.

I have managed to gather all the deleted topics started by loosesalute, nerc & ironman.

Quite a few of the pinned topics have been unfortunately merged.

I can put these back up online. The questions are:

- Is there any reason not to do this - legal or otherwise?

- All deleted topics will be restored - I can't differentiate between NERCS topics and for example topics started by Kevin that were deleted by forum mods over the years for whatever reason. Some of the restored topics may be junk, slanderous or break the forum rules. i.e. they may have been deleted before for other reasons. OK with that? We can always re-moderate the topics, but that will be quite a bit of work.

- Are there any other members who started topics in the NERCS section? I can search the trash and restore those topics too.

- I can't un-merge merged topics as I have no reference as to the original topics and topic names. OK?

- Do you want the forum, if restored, to be active (allow members to post) or just a read-only archive?

So do I do this or do we just forget the whole thing?

#25 ·
become Dave, do you mean for him to absorb us all to become ever more powerful.

and as i dont have a track, but like i said in my PM conversation with you Wayne, if we get moved sometime this year to the house we are going for, then the garage is of a very good size, and it is earmarked for a club track to be built in there for everyone from the TSCC and ex-NERCS group to come to, it will easily house a track the size of either of the clubs.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi doug I know this would be a lot of work. I can suggest the names of topic starters that I can rememeber.

Ironman
Loosesalute
RCH
Kinjak
Sir chasm
johnny vegas
Bensonnuts
PJF
laura94
dodgy doddsy
cheif32s
wayne69x
dave wisdom
arun
owensy
ryan J
slotcardad
mini zzzzr

That is all I can think of. The spellings may not be exact. I think read only might be for the best. There may be a couple of topics that would ne re-deleting but not many.

cheers

tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.