SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Good evening one and all

Formula one return to Presto Park after a few years lay off at the request of the members.

It was nice to see the return of members with 14 racing tonight.

With new regulations and all members needing to set up cars, it seems many drivers needed to re think their driving techniques.

We had several close encounters of the bad type specially from Muck-em up Mackenzie who drove two races with only two rear wheels but still managed some reasonable times

As the results show some of the clubs top drivers fell short this week as well as some lower drivers who thought they had well prepared cars landed up failing, due to mechanical issues.

A good nights racing was had by all and the results are as follows:-

Skippy 25

James 23

Alan 21 + 1pt for fastest lap 6.960 (track record)

John D 20

Alf 19

Tone 18

Mike 17

Ashley 16

Lyle 15

Iain 14

Steve 13

John M 12

Keith 11

Ray 10

Next week is round two of the Slot it Class.

Hope to see you all then.

· Registered
390 Posts
Hi guys
Good to have F1 back I was hoping for a better result than 5th as my car was going really well in practice last week but after a drop on the floor the chassis has got a bit of a twist and so the handling left a bit to be disired.
However I am very pleased not to have loaned Iain CRASHER Mackenzie a car as all James got back was a pile of bits!!!!
Alf.

· Registered
136 Posts
Well what can you say. First a huge thank you to James not only for loaning me a car in the first place but also spending most of his spare time putting it back together enabling me to post some respectable times and actually win one of the step-up finals despite having lost most of the car during the race. You can all rest easily as I now have at least 1 car of my own to smash to smithereens in the forthcoming rounds of all classes and won't have to gaze pleadingly at anyone to scrounge a car. Looking forward to next week and a chance to wreck my own wheels.

Thank you once again James for the loan of the car and a BIG sorry for the damage it sustained under my care.

See you all next week

Iain

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Well done to Skippy for some great heat results and an A final win with a beautifully presented 'Camel Lotus' which was very fast, handled well and was really well prepared and yes it was my car I always seem to do that, lend someone a great car and the car I use turns out to be, well, crap.

Some great battles in the A final with Skippy and James trading places throughout.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me last night due to the lap recorders being moved and a faulty sensor yet again. I shall be putting down new braid around the sensors this week which should make it less bumpy.

See you all next week.

· Registered
191 Posts
Many thanks to Tone for letting me borrow his spare car last night, handling is there, just needs a little more oomph down the straights.

That was a good return for F1 with no major breakages occurring, although Iain did try the hardest!
biggrin.png

See everyone next week

· Registered
77 Posts
Great to see F1 return to presto last night with some close battles and lots of parts flying through the air (mainly parts off my spare car which i let iain borrow 😂) not to worry though it all goes back together! Was good to win all 4 of my heats but it shows one off can cost a full streak meaning skippy won the A final 👏 well done mate see you all next week for Slot it

· Registered
45 Posts
It was good to finally get an eveing of racing in! Considering the new car and my lack of appearances, I was pretty pleased with my performance.

Thanks for the laughs Crasher McKenzie! I didn't realise that Nissan Deltawings were eligible for F1 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.