SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know the EAHORC dates are sorted out on a rolling basis 9-12 months in advance.

I know some of you like to know the dates as soon as possible, especially for booking hotels etc, so this thread will be pinned and new dates will be added as soon as they are arranged.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Round 4 of the 2012/13 season will be at MBR HO (King's Lynn, Norfolk) on Dec 2nd.

Once again the Long Sutton TL seems the cheapest hotel. I will be more careful where I park though Rob

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Round 2 of the 2012/13 season will be at ECHO (kesgrave, near Ipswich, Suffolk) on September 30th.

The Holiday Inn near the town seems to be cheaper the the TLs and PIs dotted around....

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Round 3 of the 2012/13 season will be at HONK (Chatham, Kent) on October 28th.

I may well drive up early on the Sunday morning rather than stay in a hotel. The beauty of having a permanent track 65 minutes from my door...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Cheapest Hotel for above seems to be the Holiday Inn next to Rochester airport. It is less than 4 miles from the venue.

The airport closes at 8pm or earlier, so no problem with noise.

If somebody wants to fly in
I would be happy to ferry them to the track on Sunday morning, even if not staying at the hotel myself.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Gareth's day begins with a taxi to Shoreham airport where he boards his personal aircraft and is served champagne and strawberries during the short flight to Rochester airport where he is met by the stretch Saxo to carry him to his race!

And then the other way round on the way back!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Round 7 of the 2012/13 season will be at FLBT (Marlborough, Wilts) on March 24th, in the Scouts venue.

Cheapest Hotel seems to be the Holiday Inn Swindon.

A though with regard to the return to HONK in October. I'd like to do a practice session the day before again, hopefully some more of you will come along, which for many will mean booking hotels. You should try and get the hotel near Rochester Airport mentioned above, or one of the hotels on the motorway.

Whilst the T-Lodge Maidstone itself is a nice hotel, having a room near the lifts when near a vibrant town during the hen/stag night season on a windy night next to a choppy river put me off! To say nothing of the strange accoustics that meant people talking on the back street could be heard three stories up....

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The final round of the season will take place on June 30th at Worthing HO's Heene venue.

Hotels are usually expensive around there, so shop around and if you find a bargain book early.

April 21st should be round 8 at ECHO, same venue as before, but I need to confirm who will be setting up. Watch this space.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Round 9 will take place at ''Edmo'' on June 2nd, so long as the venue is not sold off in the meantime. If it is an alternative will be found in the same part of town, rest assured.

The big new Travelodge near the M25 is often cheap, if road noise does not bother you!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts