SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems I can't post a reply to anything at the moment ?
Using Firefox, I get it stalling at the "initializing attatchments" icon with a blue box that I can't type in, or using IE I get a white box, but still can't type in it !
Anyone else experiencing issues ?

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oddly, it appears to be working fine in this section, but news and cars still no go !

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sometimes I have the feeling that SF is slight slow! Is it to bizzi?
Checking the number of connected users and can se if its ower 130, its slow down.
How can we fix that?
Because that also means that You get signals that it can bee processed, Some of my double post is from thos kind of moment!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
QUOTE (Lasp @ 15 Jun 2012, 20:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sometimes I have the feeling that SF is slight slow!
It runs slow for me a lot.
Particularly when I post a reply on a thread, and especially if I'm deleting PMs, once read.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
QUOTE (Savage @ 15 Jun 2012, 18:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seems I can't post a reply to anything at the moment ?
Using Firefox, I get it stalling at the "initializing attatchments" icon with a blue box that I can't type in. Anyone else experiencing issues ?
I get exactly the same thing Tel but not in this section apparently. Only started this evening. Google Chrome doesn't work either.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Sometimes when I am about to log on, the cursor appears to jump down by half a line if I don't check before I hit the return button I get the red screen that says I need an account; backspace solves it.

·
David H
3,893 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 15 Jun 2012, 22:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It runs slow for me a lot.
It's always painfully slow for me too, and I doubt we're alone: Alexa (the web information company) reports that Slotforum's load times are "Very Slow (4.131 Seconds), 92% of sites are faster".

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/slotforum.com#

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 15 Jun 2012, 20:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Never seen an "initializing attachments" icon. Can you please take a screen-shot and send it to me: [email protected]

Done.
But still I have the blue box and can't type replies in at least the news section and the 1:32 cars section, I havent tried others apart from this section which is fine !

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Lots of different problems here. Most are unrelated.

We are experimenting with a new form of advertising. Part of the experiment is getting your reaction. At least the links are double underlined and not the same as standard links. The idea is not to fool someone into clicking them.

Feel free to PM me if you do have a problem preventing you from posting. Let me know what browser and version of the browser you are using. Send a screen-shot too please.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
QUOTE (CMOTD @ 15 Jun 2012, 23:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Google Chrome doesn't work either.
Chrome works fine for me - It's my default browser.
I use Firefox infrequently - mainly if I have problems with Chrome, which is very rare.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Sometimes it is so deadly slow that I just give up ......................

A have noticed that when it is bad the links to facebook. ad.bullseye and photobucket would appear to be the culprits.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Ok, I have turned off the link Ad system as it was interfearing with the forum software, blocking some pages from loading properly.

What did you (those of you who clicked the links) think of the content behind the links? Was any of it relevant or useful?

As I said, it was an experiment, and part of that was to see what the reaction would be. If I had announced the program in advance, we would not have had the reaction that we have had.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Advertising should be visible as such and not disguised as a link in a post.

I clicked on one, thinking it was a genuine link, and was taken to an advert for a Scalextric Start set on Amazon. Hardly of any great benefit to me.

People do not expect their posts to be hijacked for advertising purposes.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Thanks Doug ....... it now seems like you turned up the power on the servers. Trouble now is that when the Forum runs slow again I suspect that you will be bombarded with people asking what you have done to it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.