SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I’ve just started getting into slot cars, Ive brought some of my RC experience along. I’ve often wondered how slot car enthusiasts treat and drive their cars. I’ve heard everything from “I like my cars to look like theyve traded paint, to “this car is only a shelf queen. As some of the more collectible cars that can rival art pieces sell $200-$300+, it makes sense you would want to keep them in pristine condition. I dont lmow if this is something other folks do, but I found this low tack removal vinyl after seen my friends two nascar carerra car’s roofs get completely scratched and scuffed after just a few minutes of racing hard. I simply cut a piece of vinyl and place it on the roof, where the car might slide upside down. If the car ends up sliding on the roof, the vinyl takes the damage. Remove the vinyl after racing and replace back on the paper. Car still looks good and you can reuse it. Obviously wont work on all models but I can see this working well on some.
Handwriting Finger Material property Office supplies Thumb

Vehicle Hood Grille Light Car

Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Thanks for that excellent tip! Obvious when it's pointed out but I have never seen this idea before.

We race a lot of tin tops including Nascars which have quite a bit of detail stuff on the roof. Coloured sticky tape lane stickers are usually stuck on the bonnet or the roof too and can lift the decals sometimes, so this looks to be a way to prevent that, maybe by using it as a permanent fixture.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Surely an adequate lacquer would look better?

Or have folk use lower tack lane stickers!!!

Not taking away from the OP’s tip 🙂

·
Registered
118 Posts
We found some colored velcro. Put a small piece on the deck lid. When we change lanes we would change the color of the piece we attach to the velcro. No more piling up stickers and peeling them off. Just a small piece of velcro on the deck lid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts