SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first model 3D printed in résin.

Is a Frazer Nash High Speed powered by a BMW 2 litre straight six manufactured in Bristol in 1949 just after the WWII.

This car will take part to the 24 hours of Le Mans the same year finishing 3rd overall and 1st of its class.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The chassis features the adjustable front axle height and separated motor pod, like the majority of modern slot cars.
I was fed up about the performance of rigid châssis and too lazy to hand build a new one for each new body.

Then, one of my friends and I started to apply the well performing slot cars chassis concept:

separated motor pod,

adjustable front axe.

flexible chassis,

optional suspensions,

Changing few parameters ( body fixation holes, wheelbase, pick-up position and perimetral shape) will allow to make it suitable for similar bodies.
We did it for a Lancia D50 (Pendle slot), a Mercedes W196 (GTM) and a Ferrari 246 (GTM).

The slim line motor is sufficient to speed up a light car (65-70 gr.)

Fixture Gas Metal Operational amplifier Machine

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Excellent work. Which 3D printer do you use ?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The chassis features the adjustable front axle height and separated motor pod, like the majority of modern slot cars.
I was fed up about the performance of rigid châssis and too lazy to hand build a new one for each new body.

Then, one of my friends and I started to apply the well performing slot cars chassis concept:
separated motor pod,
adjustable front axe.
flexible chassis,
optional suspensions,

Changing few parameters ( body fixation holes, wheelbase, pick-up position and perimetral shape) will allow to make it suitable for similar bodies.
We did it for a Lancia D50 (Pendle slot), a Mercedes W196 (GTM) and a Ferrari 246 (GTM).
The slim line motor is sufficient to speed up a light car (65-70 gr.)

FAWY8389.JPG

Chassis 9.jpg
Would you be willing to share the files if its not to much trouble? 😊

I have three vintage GP cars that need a propper chasis, tried to do one from plastic/styrene but didnt work ☹

Cheers

·
ParrotGod
8,233 Posts
if that finish on the body is after coming out of the printer then it is really good.

Do resin printers use a different technology than standard 3d printers?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
if that finish on the body is after coming out of the printer then it is really good.
Do resin printers use a different technology than standard 3d printers?
Yes its Different, wouldn't know how to explain it, but its Different.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi everybody, thank you for your valuable comments and sorry for my late replies, I have only discovered tonight how to follow the topics.

@Aurora the body needs sanding. However it is not PLA 'wire' printed like the chassis. The lines are only visible in some area of the body, see the picture of the painted kit.

@GDSLOT I am planning to produce the chassis for friends. I am establishing what body parameters (wheelbase, posts, pick up position) are needed. It will be then possible to design and print a tailored made chassis.

@GRUNZ @ Trevor Ford There is many technologies for 3D printing. Chassis is PLA wire printed, the body is photosensible polymer printed, follow the link:

https://all3dp.com/1/best-resin-dlp-sla-3d-printer-kit-stereolithography/

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
That's superb. Well done

And the track, that looks exactly like something from a Scale tricky catalogue from the '60s

Simon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts