SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
my ticket package kindly offered by His Lordship the Earl of March provides for a lot more than my wife and I will need to attend the Festival and get our little car up the hill. I have no multimillion dollar crew, not even a 50-dollar crew, I AM the crew!

Last time I was there, I did not know about the extra tickets provided to us, and we gave them away to anyone standing by at the gate.

This year, I would like to give the tickets to slot car enthusiasts in financial straights. There are some for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
If you plan to attend the Festival of Speed but do not already have tickets, or were repulsed by the high cost of tickets and were not going to attend because of that but would otherwise, please PM me and let see if I can help you out.

Regards,

Philippe

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,
Sorry!
4 tickets are gone, two are left...

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that we are now all booked, but there might still be a chance, so I will let you know. The gentlemen who have contacted me are now to select which day they wish to come to the FOS, and when that is settled, I will check what is left.
I am very happy to be able to make this possible for a few of you, I know how expensive it gets when funds are very limited.
I will try to do my best to help out.
Regards,

Philippe

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thank you so much to Philippe for his amazing offer. I am thrilled to bits as I've always wanted to go to Goodwood.

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Julian,
I still have an opening for Friday if toy wish to get two free tickets, please PM me fast.

QUOTE I will be there on the Friday this year, what will you be driving?
Yes indeed, all three days. You would not want some boat anchor like Lewis Hamilton to drive the old car, would you?

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, did not read your post correctly...
This one:

That is, if it does not rust and get stuck on its way there...

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gentlemen,
I still have two free tickets for Sunday, and that is it!

Pairs of tickets for Friday:

Ross
John
Julian

Pairs of tickets for Saturday:

Andy
David
Adrian

Pairs of tickets for Sunday:

Martin
Gareth
?

Instructions will be sent to all individually for tickets retrieval. I hope that you will have a great time.
Regards,

Philippe

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi Phillipe
That was very kind of you to help people get to see the FoS.
I bought my Friday ticket today and even with GRRC Club membership it was £3.70 off the £37 price. I pay for the GRRC to get into the paddock at the Revival to be near the cars. Luckerly I am helping out on the GT40 Enthusiasts Club stand on Saturday so the ticket will be proved. My other expense this year for the two days is the use of a mobility chair for both days. So while I can just afford it its costing me £257 (GRRC Membership, Mobility chair hire for both days and Friday ticket) and that excludes the ticket and chair for the Revival. I am not moaning yet but with the rise in prices of the tickets. There is a limit on what I will pay.
I hope to meet you would you be in the Formula one car park to the right of Goodwood house or Catherdal car park to the left. I assume all the Indy cars will be together I know the Lotus 56B is coming I am hoping the 1967 STP Turbine might make an appearance!
Regards Allan

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Hi Allan,
Yes, £257 is quite an expense! Lord!
I am of course very lucky since His Lordship the Earl of March is not only paying for my personal tickets, but also for the airline transportation of my wife and I, the car's transportation from California, my hotel, my rental car, my meals...
All 4 times in the past, they treated me like a king, and even in these difficult economic times, they still do.

As far as where we will be located, apparently they are re-creating a replica of the old garages that used to be on the famous Indy "Gasoline Alley", so I assume that we will be in a different place than both the F1 paddock or the vintage cars paddock. From what I understand, they will have 33 significant Indy cars, and will have a replica of Indy pageantry with marching bands, balloons, the whole rigamarole!
This I ought to see!

For me, the main thing is to make sure that the engine on the old car will be running properly as it was seized up from sitting and I had to proceed on a rebuild myself just prior to sending it to the UK, and I hope that I did a good job and that the old thing is not going to blow its guts in a last fit of past glory!

No way this time that I will try beating my 62-second best run up the Hill, I will be just trying to make sure to make it all the way with no further damage to the glorious old machine... after all, the engine in the car is still the very same as used at the Speedway in 1961, and if I count the years properly, that makes 50!

By any means I would be very pleased to meet you as well as the few gentlemen I am able to help with my guests tickets, and while I am sure that the FOS people are going to keep me very busy for all kinds of functions (they always did in the past), I will try to stay as much as possible near the old car so that I will be easy to find. I have printed some unique stickers for the 50th anniversary of the car, and will give them to you to stick on your slot car boxes.

As for Jules Goux in 1913, I jokingly requested to have Champagne in my pits and to my amazement they took that seriously, so don't be surprised if I offer you a flute of the bubbly upon your visit!

Better be some Veuve Clicquot and not some piquette made in Scotland!

QUOTE Is that an ex Indy Cooper?
Yes, the only one. CLICK HERE for more info.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
My first car had a Coventry-Climax engine, 875cc of raw power, well 35bhp, the 350cc motorbike I had at the time made 50 bhp.
Hopefully I'll get to meet you at Goodwood, really looking forward to going to Goodwood for the first time.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yes, my first car was a 1976 Turquoise Blue Hillman Imp, this was in 1987 (I was 20), I think it cost £75, the exhaust fell off and a front shock came through it's rusty top mount when I got a bit over enthusiastic over a hump back bridge, great little car, it's handling made 70mph exciting, and 90 felt death defying.

Now I've got a 2200cc car that makes 150bhp and a 577cc bike that makes 45bhp, the car feels fine at 135mph and the bike feels dangerous at 90.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the great offer Philippe,

It is much appreciated,

I look forward to trying to find you in the paddock.
(It should be easier now you have posted a picture
of the Cooper
)

Best Regards,

Ross

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Phillippe
I pm' d you yesterday ,Any left ?

Cheers tony

1 - 20 of 38 Posts