Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Just received this fine looking French c64 Bentley.
The general appearance is a lot better than the green UK version.
Seems to have had very little use.
Looking forward to trying it out when the winter covers come off the Scaley layout.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Very nice Kev - very nice!

Almost afraid to ask how much it cost

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
£230 Anthony. But she`s in real good order.

Talk about coincidences. The exact same time you were posting on here I was looking at pictures of your layout!!...Spooookeeeee.....

Cheers,
Kev

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
hi kev
Agree its a fine looking model ,but for god sake do something about those red wheels ,poor old WO would be spinning in his grave

Cheers tony

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Nice collection - now you need the Yellow and Red Alfa's
- oh and the Black and blue bentley's

·
David H
3,724 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 9 Jan 2012, 14:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Colour comparison to UK green.

OK Kev, now you've gone and confused me.
ohmy.gif

I've got these two Bentleys sitting unloved at the bottom of a box waiting for me to either add the missing bits or, most probably, sell one on eBay as it is, but the colour of your English Bentley looks to me like the later Power and Glory version, not the C64 version. I'm no expert on these so don't want to advertise it innacurately. What are they? Any ideas?

I thought this was an original English C64, but it's the same colour as your French one.
scalextric-c64-b-800.jpg

I think this is an English body with later Power and Glory wings, driver and cockpit bits.
scalextric-c64-a-800.jpg

Picture1401.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on Dopamine that UK one I pictured is indeed a Power & Glory one. First time it`s been out the box!
The French one is indeed a different shade of green to the UK version. The torneau (spelling?) & wheels are also a different colour.
Here`s the sad part to the story. I got my old UK c64 out the loft last week to service...went to the bog & when I came back the dog had chewed it to death!!

Anyway, luckily, I`ve managed to order a replacement from Phil Smith..I`ll post a pic alongside the French one when it arrives....most expensive sh**e I`ve ever had mate!

Cheers
Kev

PS your bottom Bentley looks to have Power & Glory wings, glass & rear wheel. If you`re selling I`d keep the top one.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dopamine.
I see that you`re missing a footplate for the top Bentley, & a left lamp for the bottom car.
I`ve got those parts if you want them.
Get in touch if you do, no payment for mates.
Cheers,
Kev

·
David H
3,724 Posts
Thanks Kev. It must be something in today's air that's making animals hungry for plastic. My daughter's six week old kitten has just eaten the wing mirror off a brand new Scalextric Lotus 49, delivered fresh today. I never was keen on pets. I like them even less now...

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Stig.
I`m lucky because there are very few French Bentleys about.
It`s a shame the car didn`t come with it`s original French box, so I`ve had to house it in a UK one.
Cheers
Kev

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I`d like to see the finished car Michael!!
One of the lads at NERCS got a 1982 Vintage Series re-issue Bentley & put some of those posh wire wheels on..what a transformation that made!
I gave super scratch builder Dave Wisdom a re-issue c65 Alfa Romeo 8c last week, so I`m waiting to see what sort of job he does on that!
Cheers
Kev

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
nice one on sorting those parts out Kev. Did the same for me on a Datsun 260Z.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts