Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I was sent an email last week by an NSCC member from Holland (Henk), he is a big collector and keeps a very good listing of all things Scalextric.

In his email he attached some photos of a French issued SCX Altaya collection (Peugeot and Citroen), i haven't posted the pics because they came off ebay so i can't really post some one else pics.

I have not heard about this series and wondered if anyone else had.

Is it still current?
When where they issued?
Does anyone have a spare one for sale?
Can anyone send me some pics for the NSCC journal?

Thanks for your help, any info would be a great help.

All the best

Gareth
NSCC

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ah come on Gareth sounds interesting - you can't keep us waiting like that.

So if not the pics, why not post a link to the ebay pages?

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
166 Posts
To view old web links of ebay items that may no longer be for sale try your history log on your PC.

In Internet Explorer (provided you used Internet Explorer to browse these pages) Select View - Explorer Bar - History

Find the day you viewed them and select the link.

Then post them here for the rest of us !

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you really sure this comes from France ?
It's written in French, no doubt, but I've never seen these, even advertised.
Does somebody know more about this ?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Chofar

To be honest i can't verify 100% hence my post.

I found the ebay original posts, but they are now no longer on the data base:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4202161484,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3186491314,

After speaking to Tecniotys, my understanding is that they were issued as a trial a while back (early 2004, late 2003), how many were issued, where in France they were trialed, how many where made etc, etc not known.

They said they had no plans to produce any more, so i don't know if the whole set was avaiable. It may be that the French SCX distributor may have had something to do with it, if you have any contacts there?

Any news would be of great interest to me.

It's a bit like the Argentia Miticos Audi sold a few years ago, one or two appeared on the market well after they were for sale in the country.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm sorry I haven't got any contact with importers but I know for sure that Altaya and others make tests on different cities/zones to see if a collection can be sold. If it doesn't work they usually stop by number 7. That could be the case. French market is far from being as extended as the Spanish one. So, I guess every now and then, some lucky guy of the lucky zone who had made some clever buying at the time will come up with a few on e-bay. So I'll hope the next test would be in my city ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts