Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From 18.00 on Friday 28th December we will be holding our annual Xmas Slot Xtravaganza.

All you need to bring is yourself, Christmas cheer and cake. We will supply all cars and controllers.

You will race on our rally track with an Underwood prepped car, our scale track track with trusty Ninco Mercs and our Raceway with the 1/24 club cars. All controllers will be club supplied Parma.

Who will be the quickest round the rally track, do the most distance on the raceway, and get the Mercs round the most laps on our scale track?

Entry is completely free and all are extremely welcome.

Matt

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Given the late notice and limited publicity I was not expecting as high a turn out as previously however through word of mouth I think this event turned out to be one that gave me great hope for the future.

We had over 35 people come, 10 experienced slotters and the rest newcomers with a predominance of juniors. They all had a go racing the club cars on the raceway, Ninco Mercs on the scale track and a rally car on the hillfarm twister track.

Everyone used the same cars and controllers and the overall winner was the one whom had the best results of the combined races.

That turned out to be James Cleave whom won the raceway and rally and was second on the scale track.

We had quite a few ask us about a race evening that would be viable on a school night. After a discussion I think we will start off racing a monthly evening 17.00-19.00 on our raceway, aimed at juniors but open to all comers. We will race on the raceway with club cars, and it will be a great introduction to slot car racing.

We also had an update on our drag strip, which is routed and in the painting shop.

Watch this space.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Matt, any details of the drag strip yet? What scale will we run on it? What motors? Etc,etc. Hoping I'd be ok at it after doing the real thing for 20 odd years 😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts