SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
There will be grown men weeping at this....
And they won't be tears of laughter....

Very funny.... I wonder what the jump distance record is....

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Not sure what our track jump record is but it isn't anywhere near what forum member RichardtheForth achieved in this thread a few years ago with his General Lee.

It was a lot of fun to watch all the videos in this thread.

Dukes of Hazzard Stunt Thread

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
QUOTE (raikkonen_webber fan @ 24 Feb 2016, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>7 years old. wow makes me feel old
Wow Raikkonen_Webber fan your feeling old ? I saw in another thread your now at Uni (my young bloke in the jump video has just finished Uni, just imagine how old I am feeling now.

Thanks for that

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just a quick update with a few new additions to the track.

What race track down under doesn't have a few kangaroos hanging around.

A new garage in pit lane to make 3 garages and pit crews, busy, busy, busy.

First attempt at rock face scenery to fill a gap and add some banking to the track.

Fred and Barney in a rush, I wonder why?

New lighting for the night races.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
QUOTE (johnsxr8 @ 30 Jul 2016, 02:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretty good effort at the rock face too.

Cheers John

You gota luv that expanda foam

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Wow, that track looks amazing - the video is great and really shows it off well.

Like the night lighting too, I'm looking to do something similar with my build just haven't thought though yet how I'll do it.

Did you ever get around to making a track plan?

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Thanks portal, unfortunately that's one thing I haven't done.

I attempted it once, but the time it was taking to work it out on the computer I decided to start moving pieces around on the table instead

Also from memory at the time I think the software I was trying to use didn't have all the digital pieces to use either, but I think that's not an issue anymore.

One day I will have to as I have been asked a few times now.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Frog Hollow Raceway Track Update

Ever since seeing Marty's work on his track Another Downunder Digital Track back in 2013 I have been toying with the idea of painting the original brownish coloured Scaley borders black.

Well it was an unseasonally cold and wet weekend last Sunday so I spent some time in the garage and painted a section of the tracks borders black as well as painting the Dunlop bridges to replace the yellow with a more steele like grey.

I used a Black Satin VHT Vinyl Dye spray can which seems to do a good job, I got about 50 pieces, applying one coat per piece, out of the can I had in the garage (probably purchased back in 2013
).

I plan to give the new black borders a work out with some V8 drifting to see how hardy this Dye product is and if it holds up OK I will slowly work on the transformation of the whole track.

I will also use this time to try and decide the answer to the BIG question. "Do I paint all the borders black or do I leave a few of the original borders in place to look like sand traps in certain sections?"

Photo of the dreaded intersection crossover section with re-painted Dunlop Bridges and RichG Tower housing

Photo looking back down the front straight & pit lane which shows the difference between the new look black borders and the original brownish ones.

A BEFORE look with the original coluored borders in this section of the track

An AFTER look, I really like the the difference this change makes to the look and feel of the track

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
What's that Skippy? ......... you think he buried the padded bag under the RichG tower??

·
ParrotGod
8,228 Posts
it looks good but I think if you have to do it right you have to flatten some of the rumble strips and paint them black as well.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
OK, for near on 10 years now Frog Hollow Raceway has always had the deadly intersection cross over track piece in the layout.

As time went by the fun of crashing at the intersection was replaced with the fun of trying to avoid a crash and because we mostly race the high resistance Aussie V8's the carnage caused was always pretty much fixable.

I have now chipped 4 Slot.it LMP cars (2 Audi's & 2 Lola's) and want to start some Endurance racing so thought it best to remover the intersection and replace it with a bridge, if I didn't want to destroy these new cars.

Photo's below show the new temporary bridge in place that we used for last nights V8 racing.

I must admit the racing was the best competition racing we have had with a lot less pile ups and a much better flow for drivers :)

gallery_7841_2738_110786.jpg

gallery_7841_2738_689513.jpg

gallery_7841_2738_461004.jpg

gallery_7841_2738_674577.jpg

·
Gordon Steadman
6,891 Posts
Ah.....common sense wins in the end. Much better to be able to concentrate on racing instead of how to avoid the inevitable collision.

Nice one.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Thanks guys, that's the thing about "common sense", it's not that common!

I am really enjoying the difference the bridge is making to driving the track, especially the dipping right hand turn as you come off the bridge and swing round underneath.

The next change I will have to make is to move the XLC track piece that is on the bridge one piece forward. That way it is positioned immediately in front of the corner piece and will provide more fun by overtaking under late brakes as you negotiate the dipping right hander :).

That said the dreaded intersection track piece can be added back in only 5 minutes if we want to run some demolition derbys, "just for old time sake" :).

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Hi Portal, I have had the borders painted black for 6 months now and have had no issues with cats drifting and crashing causing any flaking or chipping.

I have had issues when sticking cloth tape to temporarily hold something to the borders. When I remove the tape bits can come off but I have a can for touch ups if needed so all good.

·
Gordon Steadman
6,891 Posts
Hi Portal, I have had the borders painted black for 6 months now and have had no issues with cats drifting and crashing causing any flaking or chipping.

I have had issues when sticking cloth tape to temporarily hold something to the borders. When I remove the tape bits can come off but I have a can for touch ups if needed so all good.
You are lucky, our cats cause constant problems, especially when drifting!!
rolleyes.gif

41 - 60 of 102 Posts