Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
New Lap Record for Frog Hollow Raceway driving Slot.It Audi R18, I set the new benchmark at 8.631 seconds.

It was amazing I wasn't even planning on attempting a lap record until I drove a 9.3 second lap not even trying.

What makes this record special is that the Slot.It only has the stock magnets which measure at only 50 grams of down force. The cars we usely drive have around 150 grams of down force. (not wanting to start a mag v non-mag debate here) but these Slot.It car's are just so well engineered :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
You obviously had to slow down previously for the crossover!
Not when your the only car on the track shooting for the fastest lap.

·
ParrotGod
8,228 Posts
These slot.it cars are true performers and really competitive even against custom-made ones (see the winner of the 6h suzuka this year).

Have you pleased with the pod screws and height of the front axles?

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Have you pleased with the pod screws and height of the front axles?
I haven't played with any of these settings, what's the go with these adjustments?

The only thing I have done is added a bit of lead weight to the front of the cars to stop them lifting out of the slot on our bumpy track.

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow Phil this is very cool layout..My son is 15yrs old and want to incorporate a PC and screen etc etc....Can you tell me where we can get info from to do this please?

many thanks

Charles

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
wow Phil this is very cool layout..My son is 15yrs old and want to incorporate a PC and screen etc etc....Can you tell me where we can get info from to do this please?
many thanks
Charles
Hi Charles, Shad is on the money, with the APB your using the RikoRocket cable is the answer, it allows you to connect to a PC and the RMS takes over the APB and runs the show. (no need to use that dreaded tower ever again 😁)

All the RMS systems have pluses and minuses but each are good to use at different times, I currently use RCS64, SSDC & ESRM and trying to learn Race Co-ordinator and PC counter.

As for connecting to a screen I have a VGA splitter running from the PC connecting 2 PC screens and an old plasma TV.

Hope this helps, if you need more info just ask, that's what I did 10 years ago and there were plenty of people here to help.👍

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Timing tower looks interesting. Is it an off the shelf, or a diy job?
Hi Slotspeed, the timing tower is a RichG Tower that the Guru himself made and sold years ago before the APB and full PC connectivity & control.

Unfortuntaely with the APB and upgraded RMS systems the RichG tower no longer works unless you use SSDC, which is one of the reasons I still use SSDC. I just love the simplicity of the tower's display, I also love the complexity offered by the RMS systems as well but sometimes it's just great to run quick laps with simple & quick lap time feedback 😁.

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi

Phil, have you ever asked Marcel for Richg lap tower compatibility within rcs64, I remember visiting Andy W a few years back during the blu tooth throttle issues I was experiencing and we chatted about lap display being added and he mentioned it would be easy to implement
biggrin.png
, a couple of updates later it was incorporated
thumbsup.gif

As they are waiting for updates from Slot it for the 02 version of there software they might see if they can get it included for rcs64, maybe
question.gif

The display is cooler than a cool thing
dribble.gif

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hi
Phil, have you ever asked Marcel for Richg lap tower compatibility within rcs64
Hi Ade, no I haven't actually asked but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that support for the RichG Laptower was no longer available and I haven't bothered seeing future development changed focus to support Oxigen.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
That is a great pity as there must be quite a few RichG towers about still.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts