SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I try to put up our powerbase 7042 to the computer, but there is a problem.
The computer is not on the internet at the error say : ft232r usb uart

Is it possible to download the driver from somplace or ?

Prof I T
hi
Rikorocket has a link to the ftdi site that will auto install them on your pc.

The way i did mine was to download the link via smartphone and then send the file to the pc via bluetooth.

I think the link to the ftdi site may also be on the ssdc website.

Registered
Quote from SSDC website;

No driver disc is needed for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7. If you do find you need a driver then select the VCP version on www.ftdichip.com The cable works for both Windows 7 (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit). Earlier Windows 7 issues referred to in Slotforum are overcome with this latest version. Compliant with USB 2.0/1.1 standards.

Hope it helps.

Prof I T
hi
windows 7 is supposed to auto install these drivers but mine refused so i had tmanually.

Registered
Ny Windows ver. Is xp.
I Will try 贸n SSDC HomePage.

The problem is the computer d贸 not have Bluetooth og internet acces.

If i Can download it and use a udb stick it Will be greath.

Registered
Yes, that will work from usb. I recently installed the drivers for the richg cable that way. It is even better to not have internet access to prevent automatic search for drivers. Just google on ftdi drivers for Xp. Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now i Got the driver installed and Windows recognised til powerbase

But still got problem, and in SSDC both the Greens light and the red light i 贸n.
I hav red the manual and Can see that means that the com port is wrong. I hav try All there is possible but both light still is 贸n.

Can enybody help m茅 White that problem?

Prof I T
hi
on the main sreen of ssdc you will see a tab entitled powerbase port,you just need to click the roght one to get it to connect.

Also need to select the appropriate power base type,this is nect to the powrbase port tab and is seen as the chequered flag symbol.

I find that you need to fire up the pb first then the pc to get it to connect first time every time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tancks the fif wit to turn 贸n powerbase frist work

How d贸 i set the car up to the Color og the controlers?
Ny problem is that i Will change to annoter car 贸n the red controler?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts