SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read various posts about needing 2 pit lanes if you would like to have pit stops and pace car functionality. Is it possible to just remove the pace car by hand once it has parked back on the pit lane as the race starts? I’m assuming for the pace car function to work, the fueling sensor needs to be in place. That would take three straight sections of track that I don’t have. If there was a way for The pit Lane exclusively for pace car could be condensed down to two track sections then I could use this back area that I’ve marked off in yellow and red but I don’t think that’s a possibility.
Asphalt Road surface Urban design Composite material Font

·
Greg Gaub
17,258 Posts
I don't think the Pace Car uses the fuel sensor. It requires a standard pit lane piece (such as what you are using) and the car detects that it's in the pit lane due to the altered track power inside the pit lane.

You could have someone remove the Pace Car when it stops in the pit lane, but then someone would also have to place the pace car at the exit of the pit lane prior to pressing the Pace Car button to make it leave the pit.

The problem with using just the pit in and out pieces for the Pace Car is that it will often coast far enough before stopping that the front end is in the track enough for a collision. You want at least a short piece of straight in between the entrance and exits to avoid that. And don't ever take the magnets out of a Pace Car. ;-)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to use the pace car and pit lane functions with just one pit lane in place. After the pace car pulls into the pit lane, I would just immediately pull it off the lane and the cars would run till the fuel tank was low and lights would start to flash on the cars. The only thing I’m having trouble with and maybe it’s not a problem is when refuel in the cars, the lights do not flash faster. There’s no way for me to tell if the fuel tanks are being refilled. With the control unit set on fuel, the car will pull into the pit lane with lights flashing and as soon as I enter the fueling sensor the lights will go solid but pressing the refueling button does not do anything. If I am holding down the fueling button for let’s say 10 seconds, the car will take off at full speed again as if the tanks were topped off but there’s no indication that anything is happening. At this point I do not have a SmartRace or a Bluetooth connect adapter.

·
Greg Gaub
17,258 Posts
Things tend to get a whole lot more fun when you add proper race management into the mix. You have a choice to make. Get a PC cable and find an old-ish PC to run Bruce Yingling's HSSRMS on (the software is free), or buy the AppConnect hardware and use a phone or tablet to run SmartRace or one of the other Carrera Digital apps. If you have a TV that you can screen share/cast to, that can make it more pleasant. Either one of those will show fueling progress in some way. Some people choose to buy the Fuel/Speedo accessories, but I think that's a bit of a waste if you're already using an app of some kind, especially since you'd need one for each driver, which can get pretty expensive... if you even have room on your track to put them all in a visible location.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Things tend to get a whole lot more fun when you add proper race management into the mix. You have a choice to make. Get a PC cable and find an old-ish PC to run Bruce Yingling's HSSRMS on (the software is free), or buy the AppConnect hardware and use a phone or tablet to run SmartRace or one of the other Carrera Digital apps. If you have a TV that you can screen share/cast to, that can make it more pleasant. Either one of those will show fueling progress in some way. Some people choose to buy the Fuel/Speedo accessories, but I think that's a bit of a waste if you're already using an app of some kind, especially since you'd need one for each driver, which can get pretty expensive... if you even have room on your track to put them all in a visible location.
I purchased the bluetooth adapter, a pacecar and smart race app is already on my phone. I have a small spare tv I’ll be wall mounting above the track with an old apple tv to cast frim my phone. I was inder the assumption the car lights are supposed to flash while fueling once past the furl sensor.

·
Greg Gaub
17,258 Posts
I don't have a whole bunch of personal experience racing D132 with fuel to remember for sure, but a video I just watched by Dave Kennedy seems to imply that there's no indication by the car that it's refueling, or even when it's done. He recommended using the speedo accessory to show fuel level while refueling, AND he was showing this with a car that had lights, which tells me that the lights don't do anything special once the car is in the pits when you're using the new fuel sensor track.
Hopefully you can get your monitor system set up soon for that important information.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a whole bunch of personal experience racing D132 with fuel to remember for sure, but a video I just watched by Dave Kennedy seems to imply that there's no indication by the car that it's refueling, or even when it's done. He recommended using the speedo accessory to show fuel level while refueling, AND he was showing this with a car that had lights, which tells me that the lights don't do anything special once the car is in the pits when you're using the new fuel sensor track.
Hopefully you can get your monitor system set up soon for that important information.
Thanks. I will look for that video. I was looking at the Johnnie Hobby video where they explain al functionality of The pit lane and it looked like the lights were flashing fast while refueling

·
Greg Gaub
17,258 Posts
Thanks. I will look for that video. I was looking at the Johnnie Hobby video where they explain al functionality of The pit lane and it looked like the lights were flashing fast while refueling
That might be when he's showing how it works without the fuel sensor track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts