SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello ,
After some month running on my track (see the picture*) I decided to build it again with just some little modifications , the first one , I gave it 180º rotation to have the long straight on the wall , and I put some 2 straight more .
The table is 10 cm more on each side to have more place for borders.

The biggest difference is that I throw all scaley borders and "plugged" all the track inside 8mm wood !!!

Now is totaly flat like a routed track ! Is a really permanent track because I joined track and "wood sides" with special plaster. Is a very long and hard stuff to cut the wood on exact track size but the result is really great !!

"old track"

Tomorrow I'll put you here some evolution pics of this track

I have the cam in the garrage and I'm realy to lazy now to go for it

---------

Evolution pics :

26 of april

7 of may

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Very nice track Neo. It looks like you have approximately the same size space that I do. Mine is a 4 lane Ninco though and although I like the additional lanes it's restrictive in terms of what I can do with the design of the layout.
Looking forward to see more pix as your track develops.
Best Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Difflock @ 21 Apr 2005, 13:46)How did you get the motorcycle above the track?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is an imitation of Honda Shadow , eletric engin , for children !
I found it in the street abandoned and just replaced the battery (acumulater) and waiting my little girl of 2 years grow up

·
Registered
176 Posts
The near next step will be painting the track .
But I have some doubt about how ...
I put your here the twoo ways I can paint it, to see wich one you prefere and would be better.

the illustration is not very well done but here is the idea ...

so , enlarge track or "best line" ?

·
Registered
911 Posts
i recon best line, and then you can paint on some red/white borders close to the slot, so that the cars inside tyres actualy go over them, in much the same way as the BLST system is done. I think this makes a track look much more realistic.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
The best in line gets my vote,

I wish that I had thought of that when I was doing my track, It will be really effective if you have the striped borders close to the rails.

Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those are both some good lookin' track designs Neo.

I am wanting to get back into the hobby now after a long break and was just wandering how much space that is taking up as i will hopefully have about half a garage worth of space coming soon (when its been cleared with the domestic authorities) and was looking to something similar.

I don't have any track yet so i can't just make it on the floor and compare it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi F1Neil ! welcome back to this hobby and welcome here in slotforum !!
The track is build on a 5,50/1,50metres space.
Both lanes have 18,20 meters (about 60 ft.)

Guys, here go the pics with the proof of bestline simulation painted
It would give something like this :

am I on the good way or have to be "smoother" ?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.