SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to organise a HO fundraiser race for a charity called SHINE. SHINE is a charity for spina bifida and hydrocephalus. My youngest daughter has spina bifida but luckily she has come through her operation ok and everything is looking positive. After finding out she had spina bifida SHINE were always there to talk to and help us with any questions or just to talk to someone.

I got no idea where to host this event yet but I will say this is not a club vs club thing all I want is as many people there from what ever club they from to raise the most money. Obviously would like the cost of hiring a track etc to be as low as possible so more money is available for the charity. Thinking the track have to be central ish in the country so as easy as possible for everyone to get too.

Please guys I'm asking for everyone's help here I want other families to be help as much if not more than we were and with ALL your help we can make that very thing possible.

Let me know your ideas, thank you

Lee

1,488 Posts
Hi Lee
The Le Mans event next year is a Sponsorship event, happy for it to be for SHINE. With 40 plus racers you should get a good amount of sponsorship if they agree? I normally get between £500 and £750 myself, happy to split that between the local Derby charity and yours

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I was going to suggest the HOGP could be ideal for this, but Nick's amazing offer way trumps that, so go for it. Top job there Mr Sismey...

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
SCHORC would also be quite happy to run a Charity Special for SHINE at our club venue early in the year.

The hall is very affordable and easy to reach from most directions.

As a club we have the track and expertise, the event will be well supported by SCHORC members and hopefully the rest of the slot car racing fraternity too!

I doubt if we can match Nicks very generous donation though.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very little helps guys, nicks offer is brilliant but the more we can raise how ever small would make a massive difference for the charity

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would be really happy Deane if could do something at the HO GP also if that offer still open?

Will sit down and talk fully to you Tony about organising an event, thank you

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi Lee

I know from experience how comforting the help of charities like this can be at a time when you need it most so more than happy to support any event asssociated with it. My own son had a very challenging start in life and would not be here without the support of an american charity and now he has competed at 3 EAHORC events and has designs on race control duties as Deane and Rob Lees will tell you LOL

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thinking of hosting a special SHINE GP sometime next year something you guys be interested in?

This along with amazing offer nick made if that ok with you all?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right guys thinking of doing a full NASCAR and indycar oval event what do you guys think??

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
This depends on what track is used for the event, I don't consider what we used last Wednesday link:
is suitable as there were too many issues arising, that are not that easy to fix, quickly!

So the choice is down to 2 options at the present, a flat oval or 'the rock'.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
In that case you will have to talk to Nick

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Hi Lee.
Good luck with your very worthy event.
Could I send a Scalextric car down (on behalf of NERCS) to raffle at your leisure?
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Such an amazing thing done by Kev at NERCS he is sending this car to be auctioned off at the event

Big thanks Kev

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great news guys!!!!!

The SHINE GP is go!!!! February 18th using DHORC famous 'The Rock'!!!!

Going to be a NASCAR run event. The bodies must be as realistic to NASCARs that run either in the sprint cup or nationwide series. The chassis to be used will be Tomy SG+, A.F.X Mega-G MG15, Life-Like T and M chassis, Rokar X, Tomy Turbo/Irwin Turbo+, Tyco/Mattel chassis.

Hoping to put together a small auction also to help increase the funds. Personally this is a massive event and the more of you that can attend the better it going to be. No matter what club your from this is going to be a race for the ages!!

Trophies will be presented for top 3 and best placed junior. Like to see as many different bodies out there as possible so be as obscure and different as you can be.

Please let me know by message or on here of your attendance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts