SlotForum banner

Future of Scalextric?

4K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Rail Racer 
I'm with Wayneslot...

An L88 with a motor in the rear would be blaspheme! I cried a little after the Trans Am cars... I don't want to cry like that ever again!

If it came front motored (Vette) then so should the slot. If rear motored (Porsche GT3) then so should the slot.

Thomas said: don't go back to inliners - performance is always lower..

I grimaced a little on that one. Performance is different as it should be if the intent is to replicate a 1:1 car. Porsches do not handle like Corvettes. If the desire of some is to have all cars handle in the exact same fashion then more power to them. I however appreciate the differences and wouldn't find it very satisfying if the only thing unique about all of my cars was the body sitting on it.

How come no one has mentioned mid-engined/rear inline cars? Caddy LMP anyone?

That point escaped me in the read....

Still have to stick with my original thoughts. The Caddy LMPs, IRL Dallaras, MG Lolas etc, are rear/mid engine with in line drive transmisions in real life. I like that they are modeled that way as a slot.

None of those really sacrifice any interior though because of it. And cars like the IRL would be impossible to model as a side or angle winder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.