SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day All

Here are some photos of my home circuit that was built some 10 years ago, only minor changes have been done in that time. Much of the track is Scalextric from 40 years back and is still in excellent condition and working order.

I hope you will enjoy seeing these pics, providing I can get them to appear.

This shows the room where my track is located, it's in the old garage.

Here we see the track from the driving position

A view from the opposite end

Track plan

The track at night using time laps photography to get this picture.

A close up of the carsh site

The same thing from further back

Here is the podium

The pits with some other scenery in the background.

Well that gives you some idea of my circuit, thanks for looking.

Oh, if you any questions or comments please feel free.

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your track wovtam. I really like tracks like yours that take advantage of vinatage track, buildings and accessories. Tracks like yours represent the starting point of this hobby 40+ years ago. If I ever built a second track (assuming I can finish the one I'm woriking on now) it will be one with the same approach you've taken.

Nice work, it looks like it is a lot of fun!

Brad

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'day All,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who attended the historic race meeting and social event held at the "Gallows" last weekend.

According to all participants it was a great success and a wonderful oppertunity to see the cob webs blown out of many older cars that don't normally get a run. One of the many highlight was the watching the two Tinplate Austin Healeys fish-tailing down the straights and then trying to get round the corners and doing it, another was owners Bugatti doing its best to keep up with an Auto Union, but best of all would have been the night race between the Lister Jaguar and the Aston Martin.

I let everyone know when they can expect a repeat of this event, but it won't happen before Christmas. Anyway it will give some of you time to work on the cars that didn't perform well this time

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
A nice layout and very nice scenery! thanx for sharing this. Is it possible too enlarge some pictures? I would love to see a bit bigger, especially the pitlane with all those nice buildings next to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'day All
One of the guys at our historic meeting had a digital camera and took these pics. Maybe they are some of the ones you asked for?

Racing

Pit Lane

Old Pit Building converted to Shop

Old Pit Building converted to Workshop

Grandstand

Event board and Podium

Podium Crowd

More Podium Fans

Bikers Bend

TV Tower

Interested Fan

There could be more pics but I'll have to wait and see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.