SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Looks great Astro. I like the elevation changes, the "mile" markers, the pedestrian tunnel under the track, Bibendum waving at the cars, and all the hot babes in the crowd. The track looks alive.
Regards,
Steve

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Very nice mate, congratulations
You said that the scenery was going to be a mix of old and new, but the way you've put it all together really works. Lots of clever details like the tunnels. Brilliant job!

cheers,

Rob

PS does Hugs know about all those scantily clad females hanging around your track?!

·
Ian
99 Posts
Seeing all that clingfilm, modrock MESS!, I never thought it would come out like this! Looks really impressive! Along with the others, love those "babes" you have dotted around the place.

Well done

Does this mean Hugs gets her kitchen back now?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad you guys like it, and thankyou for the compliments!

S-DK - yes - I always wanted grandstands opposite the pit lane, and it doesn't obstruct the view or anything. I was originally thinking of the Carrera stands, but they are too big for my layout.

Sacesta - I was pleased with the underpass. At some point I need to put another bridge or something in, 'cos the people by the spitfire are stranded!

Neo - no!!!!! Your track looks awesome and gave lots of inspiration!

GastheerG - she was hired from an agency called 'Carrera', I believe she is german, but have no more details!

Taxi - I'll let Hugs speak for herself, but (Bleep) - she is very pleased to have her downstairs back! (it was kind of a staging area for the past 6 weeks).

And yes - it was very distressing during the clingfilm stage at what a mess it all looked!

Now I have a big chunk of work for 5 or 6 weeks, so am going to be away from the track for ages
. Oh well at least I don't have to be fretting over what's left to do.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I was just wondering how the pilot got that Spitfire in there? I figured it was just for a diplay but maybe the pilot likes the location to sit and watch the races.

But overall a great looking layout Astro
Lots of scenery to have put in, in such a short time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bless Taxi and Bleep for thinking of me

My downstairs is kinda back, I think it will take a while to get it sorted, and Astro has run off home now there is cleaning to be done
Actually now he has left I can have Scalextric parties - just to keep the track usable you understand.

The girls round the track kinda add to the whole pit atmosphere, so no I do not mind them. Although I drew the line at the totally naked one .....

Lv Hugs

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Great show Astro. And even if Fergy "only" gives three I'd like to add ½ to that... Because you've managed to make minimal areas alive without cramping them.

BTW, could dear mrs Hugs hold her eyes for a sec?

Astro, honestly now, what happens if we lift those tents...?
?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
G race fans will go where the racing is ... I am sure they will be back at Petit Spa soon!

As for lighting - I have installed bulbs in the many of the buildings and the pedestrian underpass, but didn't have time to wire them up. That will have to wait till mid/late december when I am back.

Inside the tents - naked lady almost made it there - she is in this publicity shot from ages ago:

but she fell on her back and looked even more X rated than sat up,so decided against it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.