SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adds two new models to its collection..

The Ferrari Daytona 365/GTB4 and the BMW 3.5 CSL.

The cars bring the total in the series to 12 and whilst they might be getting a little bit on the gaudy side livery wise lately, they remain one of the longest running and most sought after Fly Limited Editions around.

Must be the suggestive number on the side (A joke that stuck apparently) and the great colour. This colour was offered to Gaugemaster from a range of as yet unused ones during talks about the series. It was quickly agreed that this colour would remain to be used only for the Gaugemaster sets.

For more go to comments.....

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In order of release (and with pics either by myself or courtesy of Lescars.com ) the series consists of...

E04 Viper

E21 Marcos

E41 Joest Porsche

E62 Panoz GTR-1

E72 Porsche GT1 98

S31 Lola T70

E101 Lister Storm *

E141 Ford Capri *

* marketed singly and also together as a twin set numbered E141 Special Set

E263 BMW M3 and Saleen S7R Twin Set

E651 Ferrari 365 and BMW 3.0CSL
Pictured above.

Of all the cars, the Viper is the rarest and commands the highest price, currently in the region of £300.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
The Gaugemaster UK Special Edition BMW and Ferrari set is priced at £109.00 from Gaugemaster themselves. Diber in Spain has it for €137.00, which is £90.35.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Jim Moyes
5,078 Posts
To be fair to Gaugemaster, they always sell to the public at full retail. This is so that their many trade customers are never competing with them in some sort of "knockdown" price war. Quite right, too! I remember Hornby getting some stick for selling stuff cheap off their website.

As for the choice of number......erm......well......I may have to shoulder 50% of the blame for that. Colours nothing to do with me, though. No sir!

Mr.M

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Great looking cars and I love the colour.

The only one I really want is the Lola T70 to go with my others.

Not really a supporter of Special editions but lots of people are so each to his/her own.

Great pictures Swiss.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have the Viper E4,Marcos E21,Lister Storm E101 and the Saleen from the box set and the only one with the rather tacky gaugemaster logo is the latest saleen why the change from the others as it looks much better without the logo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts