SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Swapmeet was busy. Would be interesting to see what people got.
The three lads I went down with came away with several good buys from the NSR range...they do seem to be the flavour of the month with the modern racers/collectors. Did a lot of other folk go for that sort of thing down there?
No Jouef for sale down there & very little in the line of vintage buildings. However,I managed to get a couple of nice vintage Scaley cars.
Cheers,
Kev.

Boxed with paperwork c36 Honda RA273. Lovely. Made the long trip worthwhile.

A couple of nice series 2 b1 &b2 TYphoon & Hurricane bike combinations. Both boxed with paperwork.

An unboxed c9 Ferrari V8 in blue. Could do with a new set of transfers. But got it for a cheap price.

Always like a bargain, & at a fiver in a below the table spares box this c77 just needs a set of new stickers.

Another bargain. Mint & boxed c112 Mini Clubman for a tenner.

Rest of the buys were a load of Ortmann tyres , classic track & a BNIB vintage race tuned throttle.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I bought a brand new SCX Alpine Renault for £15 which I'm very happy with, I didn't really see much else that took my fancy enough to buy, some stands seemed to be a little bit expensive compared to others.

·
Registered
226 Posts
QUOTE I bought a brand new SCX Alpine Renault for £15 which I'm very happy with, I didn't really see much else that took my fancy enough to buy, some stands seemed to be a little bit expensive compared to others.

I also saw those SCX Alpines at £15 (good price), they were also on the stall that backed on to this one at about the £24 mark, thay were still there at the end of the day.

Can some one tell me why the Cartrix's car's were £50 at the show, why are these cars soooo dear.

I can remember seeing these car's at the donnington swap meet for £35 each, got 2 for £60.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Ian.
I am with you on this. There was enough interest on the Sunday to encourage the organisers to make this date/venue a 2 day event. It slightly increases the effort to set up/take down, but this one day event was very busy!
Gaydon has good infrastructure, seemed to cope well with visitor numbers, and as MRE (Mr Croker) said on another thread..must have had big ticket sales compared to an 'average' Sunday.
A two day event really opens up the scope of the event... Races and demo's on Saturday, swap meet, dealer stalls and meet the manufacturers on Sunday...just one avenue that could be explored.
Regards Bill.

·
David Jessett
255 Posts
Two days sounds good - like the previous Epsom ones - but IMHO everything would have to be on offer on both days as I think a lot of people would probably only manage to make one day or the other. Also I do think it would be likely to attract more of the general public if there were two days to choose from but it would be important fo them to see everything.

David

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Bought both the weekend cars - of course!
1 Ninco Toyota Corolla that was on my wants list. 1 Topslot Toyota Corolla Resin Kit of exctly the same livery, but with the adult sponsors! 1 Scalextric classic Mini (for racing at the club). 1 SCX Altaya Seat Cordoba that i had somehow missed first time around. 1 Ninco Renault Megane. 1 GT Models MG MGCGT (just hope i can do it justice), but best of all;

3 bunches of 1;32 scale flowers!!! - for the rally loop - just need 1;32 hanging baskets now!

Great day - i thought the swap meet had a good mix of bargains old and new plus scenic and new dealers offering different items - i hope they all had a good day.

·
Dave Cummings
1,418 Posts
I to bought nothing at the show, but it was really good to look round and see what 'might' be purchased in the very near future. Had a really good chat with Dave from slot Track Scenics but most of the time trying to find time away from the racing, to get to a stall that was 3 deep and have a look around was quite hard, so yes, i'd support 2 days aswell

I do think Pendle are going to get a rather large order today though !

·
Mark Wain
477 Posts
I wenT with the intention of buying one car, Scalextric Senna Mclaren which I got straight away!

Then Prost Williams looked to nice to leave on the shelf

Then Montoya's Mclaren was very reasonable

Then they finally have slot it digital chips in stock........

Then I got a right ear bashing and looks like I'm doing the house work for a while!

Who needs food, I could do with losing a fair few stone anyway!

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
ninco audi a4 £22
scalex opal vectra £12
msc purolator ford £35
all brand new in box thank you

still not impressed with the lack of NIB parts from the traders

and couldnt get the Avant Slot twin pack peugeot 207 down to my price
never mind looking forward to next one

also agree with two day event being great idea worth pursuing

·
Registered
289 Posts
I bought an NSR corvette,a Sloting plus "lightweight" Reynard, some Ortmanns & some bits & bobs which fellow club-members are transporting back to Devon as I hit Gaydon as part of a 5-day cycle-touring break in the Cotswolds & Shakespeare country & had limited space in my cycle-bags.
The venue is superbe, the coffee is s%*t , & the very nice reception staff let me lock my touring bike beside the reception desk.
Hope it happens next year too, I,d go again.
I fough a headwind all the way to Stratford Y.H. after I left the show, Next days ride down to Cheltenham for my train home was even windier !!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I brought C2980 limited edition mini minor, mg metro 6R4 limited edition,and scaleauto radical SR-9 Lemans 2007 plus a scalextric tvr speed 12 pre production test mold in the auction so im very happy with my purchases, I also agree that 2 days would be better for the public.

steve

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
I picked up a nice Ninco Ferrari...which I've been looking to find at the right price for ages, although I did get it on Saturday off a dealer mate there who knew I was looking for one. It's not what you know, it's who you know!!! Cheers Rog
Also decided to buy the scaley mini slot festival special edition...like the scaley mini's so makes a good addition to the collection.

Didn't get time to look around the trade stands on Sunday due to racing in the 4hr event, so a Saturday day would have been great. Hope the organisers are reading this carefully, enough call for a second day here...although I know the venue doesn't come cheap!!!

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
QUOTE (panhardfan @ 24 May 2011, 21:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...I hit Gaydon as part of a 5-day cycle-touring break in the Cotswolds & Shakespeare country & had limited space in my cycle-bags.
The venue is superbe, the coffee is s%*t , & the very nice reception staff let me lock my touring bike beside the reception desk

Was that you on the Moulton type bike? Nice ride.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
I bought these by the way...

metro 6r4 £10:

Nicest looking of the scalextric 6r4s I think. But that's not saying much!

fly corvette £10 :

brand new, nice looking, rubbish build quality.

porsche 959 £17:

Not seen this colour scheme before.

scx 2cv £28

bargain price at slotoutlet stall

Cheers
Richard

1 - 20 of 28 Posts