SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all...

For all of you who could not make the event, or could not find me on the day...
Here are some photos of my Scratchbuilt and Conversions Slot-Car display and my Carrera 4 lane Oval "Demo" track at last weekends Gaydon Slot Car Festival..
It was great meeting those of you who managed to find me, and finally putting a face to and saying hello to some of you on slot forum.... I am sorry some of you missed my display, and not being able to meet you..

The whole display went down very well, with a lot of intrest shown in the "Scratchbuilding and Conversions" side of slot-cars, especially the TV/Movie related cars and the more "Unusual" ones.

The kids loved my "Disney Cars" movie cars conversions, especially "Mac" the big truck. This one was especially asked for to be seen running, as when you pressed the top, it spoke to you, The kids loved it "young and old".....

Many other conversions were asked to be seen running, including the 60s TV Batmobile, the Scooby Mystery Machine, The Pink Panther car, Noddys car, The Monster trucks, Ice cream Van, plus many other vehicles..

Especially popular were the two Pioneer "Bullitt" chase cars (Mustang and Charger) which I had "Dented and Distressed" for the "Bullitt" Chase movie sequence. These went down very well with Steve McQueen and Bullitt movie fans. Seeing them going around the track side by side, with the "Assassin" with the "Shotgun" hanging out of the L/H rear qtr window looked so cool....

I also had some of my "Pendle Slot Car Club" race cars and "SlotRallyGB" Cars..
Plus. I bought along some unfinished projects, so people could see the conversion/build process in real life....

Thank you to all who showed intrest, and had a chat to on the day...

I hope you like the photos..

All the best.. Martin...

Some More to follow......

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
QUOTE Somehow I didn't find your stand Martin, which is a shame because it would've been good to see you and your cars.

Martin, we did everything we could to make sure that visitors flowed through the exhibition centre. We had the festival show guide with double page map plus extra signage to the 2 rooms on the back corridor. People have said that there was so much to see they didn't take it all in. As Julian commented it was in the room next door to where he was working with the HO tracks, not sure what more we could do.

We also took your disability into account in positioning you immediately next to the exit with direct access to the disabled car parking spaces. Which meant you could unload with the shortest possible distance from your car.
Sean

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 24 May 2012, 13:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was in the room next to the HOZ, at the back.

I only had a quick look, but there was some fantastic stuff there.

I suspect I walked past it in a daze then, Sean I saw the signs for Martin's stand, I think it's a failing by me to open my eyes rather than something Pendles failed to do.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some more photos....

....Martin...

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
....Julian... You are only "one of many" who could not find me, including some friends of mine, who came all the way from Essex..

All the best.. Martin..

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Looks great as always Martin

I made my way over a couple and then started talking to people between the BoM track and you. Never did complete the trip.

I didn't buy anything either...

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
..Thank you Mark, your comments regarding my cars are always appreciated..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Martin
an old fart like me managed to find you ok !
enjoyed watching the precarious laps of the bubble car
Thanks for bringing your models down for us to see

Cheers tony

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there Tony..

It was great to see you on the day, hope you had a great time at the event..

Bringing my cars and showing the "Scratchbuilding and Conversion" side of slot-cars, seemed to be very popular with all..

As you say, my "little" Isetta bubble car slot car conversion seemed to be one of the favourites of the day, along with the Disney "Cars" conversions the Batmobile and many others... Great fun...

All the best.. Martin.

Heres the little beast....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts