Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
So 14 days to go and no sign of news or gossip and whats happening.
So who's going and whats going to be there?
regards ade.

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
I'm going and I'm giving Snurfen a lift.

I'm bringing lots of slot car vouchers (the ones with pictures of the Queen on). Can I suggest everybody arrives an hour after opening time so I get a chance to hoover up all the bargains?

Should we all wear badges with our SlotForum profile pictures on them? It would be good to put faces to names

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
This years event is shaping up to be even bigger & better than last year. We have more retail stalls, more distributors & manufacturers exhibiting, more tracks to race on and some great new ideas to keep everyone busy during the day. There will also be the chance to talk to several manufacturers direct from Slot.it, Mr Slot Car, NSR & hopefully Fly, plus several UK manufacturers including Steve Ward from Penelope Pitlane, Dave Jessett from Slot Track Scenics, Adrian Norman for Scalextric etc.
Slotforum will be also be present at the event and will have a stand so that you can meet up.
What we need to make the event a success is YOU ! Because without you we can't attract the support of distributors & manufacturers.
If you have any questions regarding the event please feel free to ask.
Sean

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i was attending this year to help Colin and Andy to run the ssd track but after i heard that they have handed over the running of the track to a local club and there has been no mention of any planned workshops this year i doubt very much i will attend..

Probably save the cash and spend the day decorating the layout....

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Hi Bigbird, obviously i'd like you to re-consider.
Colin was unable to make this years event which meant we had to look for an alternative. The guys from hy-speed will be providing the Scalextric digital track layout with help from Scalextric & Andy Wallace who will also be on hand during the day to give help & advice.
Sean

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Will there be some breathing space or maybe some more elbow room in the stall area for buyers this year?

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Thanks Sean .... that is great news.

Will there be more than one place where you can either buy a drink can or bottle? I don't want to have to queue up and waste time but being able to grab something on the run could be neat. I guess that this would be down to the venue and their rules .....

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I am impressed with the amount of effort that appears to going into this show ........ last year good but it would now seem to be a crime to miss this show.

So I would have to say
to all involved

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Bring the family Kev ........... you know you want to!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've bought tickets via the website but haven't recieved them yet, I'll give them a ring on Tuesday to see what's happening.

Also can we order spares from Pendles and pick them up on the day to save posatge costs - all I want is an Avant Slot rally chassis and a couple of gears.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Julian, last year online tickets had a barcode printed on the online reciept. All you needed to do was print this off and take it with you. The barcode is basically your ticket. I'm at the motor museum on wednesday so will check if its still the same system. Anyone else had any ticketing issues?
Regarding your spares order. Please place your order in the usual way via the website, just write a comment that you want the order taking to Gaydon for collection.
Sean

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Same here regarding the ticket. Purchased it on the 23/04 and not arrived yet. Not too bothered as I can print it out but slightly unfair as we are being charged £1.50p for shipping/booking cost.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
There will be an HO Zone as per last year, albeit smaller. Last year we ran a club meeting on a huge track, whilst this certainly wowed the public it left us little time to engage them. This year the big track will be gone, but there will be more stands, and more people on hand to talk over HO with. Forget what you think you know about HO and come check us out.

Sean - some people were not aware of the HO zone last year, will that issue be addressed this year?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.