SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi all!

I can't seem to find the technical details for GB Tracks cars anywhere.

I'm looking for info about motors, gears, tyres, and hubs. Especially the Chevron and Porsche GT1 models.

Do they have a website or can anyone recommend a place where I can find this stuff?

Many thanks

Morten

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mr Max but I still can't find the facts I need on the site. There is only pictures as far as I can see and no sign of GB Track only Fly cars.

Where do they hide it??

Morten

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've never seen a listing of specs for GB cars. They are an off-line of Fly but I 'm not sure why. I can tell you that they all have the cheap Mabuchi motors in them. I have several GB cars and have replaced all their motors with Slot-it 25k's (way nicer). Get one and try it out, they are quite the fun racer. The Chevrons can be tuned to run quite fast. If you can get them, the 917 spyders are really nice, too and easier to make fast.
Cheers!

·
Registered
543 Posts
mogtev

GB Track cars are FLY cars. For a time FLY was producing GBTrack as a lower priced less detailed product line. motors are same as scalectric. 'rated' at 18K RPM at whatever voltage they rate them. Gears are eleven tooth pinion and i believe thirty tooth spur. Tires are what they are and by themselves are fine likely upgrade is silcone of your choice. PPR, Indy Grips, whatever. wheels/hubs are press on plastic and ofttimes are out of round. replacement setscrew wheels are readily available.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you...that's what I was looking for. But strange though that the specs are nowhere to be found on the internet. Except here of course

I've actually ordered a couple at pendle (couldn't help myself they were cheap) and I will take the challenge to make them run faster and better

Morten

·
Registered
543 Posts
about the specs.
most of the motor ratings, 18K, 26K, whateverK, don't mean anything without the voltage at which that rpm was achieved. plus those ratings tell you nothing about how the motor 'drives'. the 50,000 rpm wundermotor will likely give tremendous top speed but who has a straight long enough to use that speed? talkn' about plastic chassis RTR cars here not 1/24 wing cars. anyway the stock 18,000 rpm motor is probably so much easier to drive through corners, plus you spend more time at full throttle with the slower motor, that in anything but a 2 lap sprint the slower motored car, assuming equal drivers, would likely win.

these are extreme examples, just don't assume the faster motor will make your lap times drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts