SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi
I have baught a Mitsubishi Pajero, and I would like extend my track with mountain landscape with narrow curves and steep climbing to use the 4W-drive to its full extend. For that reason I would like to know if anyone has experience on a reduction gear, giving half or perhaps one third of its normal speed, but still keep or increase its torque. I have done a few tests, and found it not to be enough to reduce the voltage. I've build my own tracks, and this one is aimed to be 'technically advanced' and difficult to drive.

Best regards,

Kurt,

Bjuv, Sweden

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I do not know of a specific reduction gear, but you could try and find the smallest pinion gear available (least number of teeth) which would reduce the top speed of the vehicle whilst "increasing" torque (the motor can accelerate easier). Example, if the Pajero has a 9 tooth pinion, then fitting an 8 or 7 tooth (do they exist?) would have a beneficial effect for "off-roading".

Reducing the voltage would reduce the power available to the motor so that would not be a good idea. However, increasing the sensitivity of your controller may help. Am I correct in thinking that at the moment you have not got good low speed control?

By making the controller resistance less, the car should respond better to smaller trigger movements which may help in the "technical" sections of your track.

Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts