SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Goose

As a rule the Anglewinder or sidewinder are a better handling chassis....... But it depends on a few factors...... First are you running with magnets or without??

I dont see a whole lot of difference in the two set ups when using magnets.... where the anglewinder/sidewinder come into their own is when using just weight to tune the chassis.....

Chris

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
with mags, angle/sidewinders limit the positioning of the magnet. Also Russel posted an interesting item under 'mags & weights' quoting Larry Geddes' theory, which suggests front in-line as optimum for a mag car.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well id probbably run it as a light mag e.g thin bar mag of some sort glued to bottom of chassis to get the sc04's power onto the track because i have heard that its a bad idea to run one without a mag. also i dont think ill be able to get an anglewinder or sidewinder into the body i have got (scalex audi quattro, old body that i found under my bed) i think ill run it as an inline then. thinking about it, the weight of the sc04 would help keep it in the slot if it was up the front, but that will be complicated to do as it would mean extending the shaft, fitting a driveshaft bearing, the list of complications also includes having to use stub axels...

also can i bolt the ninco nc2 mount straight onto the chassis or will i have to cut it to make it go on (the mount or the chassis) as i have never actually seen one (only poor quality photos)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts