SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advise on gearing systems in 1:32 scale cars and tips/tricks about making the car run better.
My knowledge on this topic is very elementary, so details would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
270 Posts
This article is very interesting - http://www.slotforum.com/forums/blog/356sp...p?showentry=943 - but take a look through the forum and type "gears" in the search engine. If you play with a few variations on your cars you'll get an idea about whether you want acceleration or top speed. Or maybe you want to fit a faster motor? Or if you're still using a standard controller - the Scaley type, for example - then upgrading to something better, eg. Parma, Slot.it, Prof Motor, will probably get better results than changing gear ratios.

·
Rich Dumas
3,545 Posts
Here are some charts for Slot.it gears. Good sftermarket gears should be ready to run, stock gears often need to be run in with a polishing compound. With sidewinder spur gears make note that two different diameters are used. Inline pinion gears are smaller in diameter than the ones used with anglewinder and sidewinder spur gears. With inline gears it is common practice to use the end of the motor shaft to position the rear axle and crown gear. If you race your cars it is good practice to use spacers to position the rear axle assembly. You can then shorten the motor shaft and adjust the crown gear for a perfect mesh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts