SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gerald Lambourn
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you know I had to curtail my slot-racing activity after the Bordeaux Vintage meet in June due to my wife's deteriorating health. My dearest Claire departed this life on 21st December after ten weeks in hospital here in France. Although not a fan of motor sport in general she did accompany me to a few meetings so she knew what she was letting herself in for. She was very interested in 1/24th scale historic buildings which I helped complete, it was very rewarding to do some model making together. She made many suggestions for my N scale model railway layouts. She was very interested by the 1/43rd scale station I built for Graham Lane's Mille Miglia project during a little window of better health after radiotherapy earlier this year.
I am now picking up the threads and want to complete a few projects that have been on the workbench for nearly 6 months now. That's enough for now, more news soon. Gerald Lambourn

·
John Roche
4,210 Posts
Hi Gerald,

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

See you in Bordeaux.

Best wishes

John

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I'm very sad to hear of your loss Gerald. I greatly appreciated your work on the railway line for the extension to the Castellano track. I hope you will find time to pop over here next summer and we can share a few glasses of wine on the terrace. All the best for the future.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Gerald
really bad news I am very sad for you ,especially at this time of year
Hopefully the new year will bring a change in your fortunes
best regards Tony

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Gerald .......... may your God be with you.

·
Eddie Grice
2,308 Posts
Hello Gerald,
You have my sympathies as well, I know what you are going through having lost Christine to cancer a year last October.....
I too will see you in Bordeaux next June.
Eddie

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. Cancer has stricken my family as well and I know well how devistating it is.

Thoughts and prayers heading your way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts