SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys.
Now that Liven Flipper, Anti-Collision and PEARL are out of the way Im thinking ghost cars can be next.
Im also thinking a quick way to get a constant speed ghost car is to use a spare controller, thats if you have one of course. Im hoping to get this out in the next week or so. It will be a simple constant speed thing, and we might even throw in random lane changing.

The second step swill be constant speed ghost cars operated by PC.

The third step will be PC operated fully programmable ghost cars (variable speed based on reakl recording) calibrated at every LB.

The fourth and final step will be "Smart Car", a car that can analyse traffic and change lanes accordingly.

Stay tuned, vrooom, vroom

Rick

Afterthought: Use Learner Mode to limit speed to exact PWM (car speed) and then use rubber band to hold trigger at full. Primitive sure, but will hold you over until we program it. And you can dial it in perfectly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 12 Jul 2011, 14:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Afterthought: Use Learner Mode to limit speed to exact PWM (car speed) and then use rubber band to hold trigger at full. Primitive sure, but will hold you over until we program it. And you can dial it in perfectly.

Don't forget to remove the rubber band like I did. Came back the next day and the controller was still on.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys.
Ok we have a program that runs 1 car from the PC using 1 dongle. It has a sliding throttle operated by mouse, just set speed and let it run.
Ill email everyone the link now.

Just investigating the possibility of increasing this to 6 ghost cars.
Also a similar program on the controller which frees up a dongle (1 car only per controller)
Have fun

Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hello all,

A question came up while talking with my girlfriend about the different Scorpius goodies.
After my long explanation of the system she directed her eyes to the ceiling, smiled and sighed: "boys...!"
But not for long, for she asked me how many ghost cars can be driving around our track the coming new year's races?
I could not give the answer. So i'll post her question here.

We have Scorpius here with one pc dongle and four controllers: will this mean max four cars driving around on the track, human or ghost, or can it be more than that?
Can i control a car for say a number of laps, record the data and let the car redo these laps over and over again, controlled by pc only?
I guess so. But can i do this trick with more than one car?
I don't need any AC beacons for a ghost car to drive around right? Just passing the LC beacon will give the system the information on where the car is, is my assumption.

Enlighten me please, my love here wants to know :)

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Merc,
You can run any amount of ghost cars on one ID if that helps.

Rick

·
Registered
186 Posts
Will the RMS allow us to set the number of ghost cars (that are on a single ID) so if running two ghosts on ID7, the RMS would only count a lap every two SF crossings?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryk,

No sorry. Although it could be done its not on the list.

Rick

·
Registered
830 Posts
Does it make more sense that each Ghost Car has its own ID?

For instance, lap counting and obviously to take into accout that different cars go at different speeds

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys,

Currently each channel requires one dongle which is not ideal. However we may be able to change that. Regardless im not sure we need to know every ghost car time. But we have an ace up our sleeve in that each car has its own unique PIN which could be utilised to differentiate. Time will tell.

Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So, so sum things up there's two ways of having a ghost car on the track:
1 - install a second dongle and run a ghost car controlled / set by pc. Up till now only one ghost car per dongle possible.
2 - take a controller, set the speed and let ghost cars run in a constant pace (more than one ghost car possible, just give a car a car ID corresponding with the controller)

Correct?

Greetings,

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, and of course you can run multiple ghost cars per dongle, ie more than one ghost car on a given ID.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello to all here accent a video of eight cars ghost and a sefty car controlled by the PC

I hope you like

Greetings Oscar (Crazy F1) from Spain

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Oscar,
Nice video!
Can I ask, was anti-collision used?

Rick

·
Greg Gaub
14,658 Posts
Confusing...
I see Scorpius controllers with rubber bands, but I also see PC Lap Counter which I thought wasn't compatible.
Is this working as some kind of Ninco/Scorpius hybrid? That would explain the 8 cars and PCLC.
I'd love to find out more detail on that setup.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are still compatible for those who have that particular version. No longer available.

·
Registered
881 Posts
What is required to get PCLC working? I tried the last version to work with Scorpius but it would not connect at all.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts