SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We have a club class for ancient Scalextric F1s of the 1970s, which was all the incentive I needed to pick up a car that I lusted after long and hard as a kid - the Ferrari 312 T3.

Villeneuve was my childhood idol, so thanks to Patto I was able to update it a bit. Hope you like the result - I know it's a bit rough and ready but for club racing I reckon she'll do!

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Good one Nick - at first glance I thought it was one of the more recent releases.

Leo

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both - Leo!! It's a small step up from the standard finish with FERRARI in enormous letters down the side, but Margate's come a long way since then!

Pre-repaint I gave her a few laps of the club track and M. Villeneuve would certainly approve of the cornering style!

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Very nice car Driver.
Those old Scaley cars are great on the track. Your Ferrari & the c135 Tyrrell 008 are especially good.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Very nice indeed! My mate Andi GP Rowland would love that. Slight rib on the front left tyre, I notice. It would be a good idea to true the fronts.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Question !
Are the white bits decal? The "Giles... " script is very impressive - have heard that Patto's decals were a bit fragile.

Leo

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 5 Jun 2011, 16:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Question !
Are the white bits decal? The "Giles... " script is very impressive - have heard that Patto's decals were a bit fragile.

Leo

Hi Leo,

The white bits are paint. Tried to be clever and mask the red coachlines as well but it was a disaster! The name is a decal - as is the tricolore. I've never had a problem with Patto's - I either used spray lacquer or Klear (2 light coats) and then go for it.

Rene - as soon as we get the class running, I'll get some pics for sure.

Graham, fortunately the car runs as a tripod (ah Scalextric and its banking-friendly designs from the Seventies!) but I'll see what needs to be done to the tyres now that I've got her looking about right. The fronts are original and very dry and cracked, the rears are Ortmann replacements.

Thanks guys

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Can't see on your photo - but the last time I bought that particular set of decals from Pattos... he'd spelt Gilles wrongly.

ABBO

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Thanks Nick, thought the white was too dense for decal.

QUOTE (abbo @ 5 Jun 2011, 20:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can't see on your photo - but the last time I bought that particular set of decals from Pattos... he'd spelt Gilles wrongly.

ABBO

Ooops!! - apologies to the late Gilles.

Leo

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Got loads of them, Nick.

When do you need it for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts