SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently completed this Ginetta G4 for a customer. This is a replica of the pole sitting car from the Fordwater Trophy at the 2009 Goodwood Revival, see the last picture which shows the real car.

A awful lot of work went into this shell (AA bodies) such as the arches have all been reprofiled, all the moulded in detail removed and replaced with much more detailed pieces and lots more.
The roof on this is vacformed and painted on the outside.

Pete

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Is it just me? Ginettas to me always look like "happy cars" 😀 ... Check out that smiley faced front end. :cool::p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Lovely little car Pete ,and I know there’s nothing you can do about it .but what in the name of all that is holy does he use to make those vac forms with, it looks like some sort of horrid melted packaging material can you imagine the carnage on the road if we had to look out of that 🤪

·
ParrotGod
8,236 Posts
I agree with all the comments above - included the one about ginetta being a happy car ;-)
I would not mind to have one in my collection.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Scalextric make (or at least used to make) a sort of look a like. :p

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
What the what? Look alike what, exactly?? That looks awful.😡

As do the windows on the G4, frankly. 😬

But, oh! The rest of it, the workmanship, I love. Quality work. On that side of things. Consider my hat doffed. 🙏

·
Autoavia
1,005 Posts
Great model of a lovely car.
Quite fancied a Dare G4 or even a G12 but both a bit out of my price range and I am not sure that I would fit in a G4 anyway as they are so small.

·
Autoavia
1,005 Posts
I think the problem would be that I don't think the footwell is designed for anyone over about 5ft 6ins so I would be driving with my knees wedged under the wheel.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What the what? Look alike what, exactly?? That looks awful.😡

As do the windows on the G4, frankly. 😬

But, oh! The rest of it, the workmanship, I love. Quality work. On that side of things. Consider my hat doffed. 🙏
The Scalextric car is a reasonable facsimile of the Ginetta G50/55 as raced in the Ginetta Supercup support series to BTCC.
Mike

·
Registered
417 Posts
A quite nice car, and I am happy to see a fully vacform top. I have considered such a thing in a few cases, but seeing one in real life makes me consider it more. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@ 42Redcat:

A similar race series is part of he support package at the Britsh GT Championship. :cool:

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone, I've sent the car to the owner but from memory the vacform windows weren't as bad in the flesh.

Tony, you're right. I considered buying a G4 before I got my Sprite but 2 things stopped me, firstly the price and secondly I was told I was way to big for one!

Pete

1 - 20 of 22 Posts