Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,
I've come to the point now where i feel I need a glue gun for fixing in motors, bearings on axles and general DIY on slot cars but should I be spending loads of money on a good make which should last for ever or mybe just buy a cheap one which will be up to the job.

Any ideas.

cabbyman.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Michael.
Wondered how long it would be before you posted on here, do you ever sleep. ????
And on a club night too.
Thanks any way, i'll be off to Poundland then.

cabbyman.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
i got a stanley one for about £7 they do a few sizes i just got the small one. the main thing is making sure you can easily get the glue sticks that fit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, thanks for all the replys, as far as I can work out if I'm paying more the a tenner (£10) or in Lees case (£12)
then I'm paying to much.
I'll be picking one up this w/end.
Thanks every one, case closed.

cabbyman

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I have a 50W one that in my opinion takes too long to heat up. Most of the time I only want to apply a spot of hot glue and it takes a good 10 minutes to reach optimum temperature. If I had to get another, I'd get one that has a hight wattage for faster heating. Life is too short!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I got mine from Maplin, its a cordless gun, with decent batteries it heats up really quick, very fine control and amazing at £4.99 + deliver, got 10 sticks as well for £9.99 inclusive of post (the gun itself is now £9.99 instore)

·
Registered
270 Posts
For anyone looking for a glue gun Amazon are doing the big Dremel gun £29 RRP for less than £8!!!!! Got mine today and it's a great piece of kit

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
For what it is worth, I would suggest you get 2 guns -
A big one for big jobs, and a small one for...well, small jobs.
AFAIK there are 2 sizes of glue stick.

Oh! I can't resist... should we make this topic a (ta daaa) sticky????

Cheers,
Tom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts