SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
With you on this one. My previous Civic had nothing but did have recess for spacesaver, bought one at just over £100.
Current German car has nothing and no space for anything...."but you have the roadside assistance sir"!

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
A rough guide to street life in Wellington Shrops.

In order of precedence, if you are coming out of any of the following you have absolute priority over anyone walking the footpath:-

Solicitors

Banks / Building Societies

Estate Agents

Charity shops

Other shops, fast food outlets, pubs etc

However cyclists have absolute priority over everyone and if having to use your bicycle on the roadway normal rules of the road don't apply. This is especially true of one way streets and also applies to mobility scooters.

Any yellow lines painted on the road surface are there purely for decoration and any wider expanse of pavement is to park your taxi on.

On the odd sunny day, lunchtime, the Church green is a collection point for your discarded fast food containers / wrappers / drinks cans / plastic bottles.

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
You are lucky to see them in person Al. I just had to make do with a video (WhatsApp) call from daughter and one year old grandson in Columbia MD.

Susan usually visits here over Christmas but no chance of that happening this year, (grump
smile.png
).

As for coffee I just make do with Lavazza from the red packet brewed in a cafetiere
smile.png

Eddie

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
My motorway grump as follows:-
Since retirement/old age kicked in I've taken to driving at 65/70 in the NS lane where traffic density permits.
I find when doing this I get folk in middle lane catching me quickly until they get alongside or just in front then slow down? I eventually have an HGV looming up in front of me and have to ease off & drop in behind the centre lane ditherer overtake in the third lane then back to NS.
The process then starts all over again?
Eddie

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
Like I just said over on the virus thread, I'm feeling grumpy today.
Possibly because I'm being pestered witless by someone who describes himself as a "Service Administrator". So far today he's tried my landline and mobile numbers twice and an email. All of which I've ignored.
Bought on by having my car MOT'd at his dealership yesterday. Hes desperate to be reassured that I'm happy with the service provided, apparently.
What he doesn't seem to realise is that since buying the vehicle from them 54 months ago, I've returned for all scheduled maintenance and MOT's. Would I do that if not happy with the service they provide?
This nonsense starts after every visit and is the only downside to what's normally an efficient service. I did initially try and explain I wasn't interested in all this BS but its fallen on deaf ears.

Eddie

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
After many false starts I've recently got a Carrera track up and running in my loft.
Basically the Ascari layout on roughly 10' x 6' base, so mainly curves..
So, I've also found my low powered cars that are hopeless on normal wood club tracks are much nicer on here. Can't wait to get back to Nick Huxley's shed though for some time on a proper wood track. Plant Car Vehicle Cloud Automotive tire

Eddie

PS, seems the GOGS thread has drifted a bit...

Attachments

·
Eddie Grice
2,410 Posts
Hi Graham,
The low power motors I referred to are mostly vintage open frame types. Triang MK4, K's, Revell Pitman's etc. But what surprised me most was how well the bog standard Revell 250 GTO goes on its original 16D.
Eddie

1 - 20 of 35 Posts