SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Electric model car driver
1,575 Posts
I would like to join GOGS, I'm sick of the amount of white paint they put on the roads these days. 45 years ago we had the right hand rule and a broken white line down the centre of the road (if you're lucky) but now we have paint, paint and more paint.

·
1,575 Posts
Good link DJ. Not so grumpy now I've read that. I was going to do a moan about the neighbours damn cat using our back lawn as his toilet but that seems quite petty now. Nice pussy.

·
1,575 Posts
I recently found out that my son and daughter in law are pregnant and I'll be a grandfather for the 1st time in March. Everyone asks me if I'm excited by the news but I don't think I am. I think it's brought home to me how old I actually am. It doesn't make me grumpy as such but everytime someone asks me what I would like to be called, Grandad, grandpa, grandpop, Poppa and various other options, I think I'd like to be called Grumpy. I think I'd like that.

·
1,575 Posts
Breakfast telly ... regardless if there are 'sperts' on it or not, I'd rather start the day with a migraine than watch it.

·
1,575 Posts
I wasn't grumpy until I logged in here this morning and saw the word 'celebrity'. That turned the tide for me, hope my day improves.

·
1,575 Posts
I've just been reading the Scalextric Mini F56 thread and it's brought to mind something that makes me grumpy. Young bucks with enough computer savvy to put a man on the moon but the brains of a donkey and in the real world wouldn't know their arse from their elbow. They should know the former as they sit on it all day in front of a computer screen but when they get up and walk away they're in a lost world. eg Not far from us is a curve in the road and someone in the roading dept decided they needed to put extra paint on the road as a centre line and a cycle lane on each side of the road was not enough. No, there needed to be a median painted there as well but only at one end of the curve. They didn't realise that cars veering right would come closer to the center of the road than cars veering left which move closer to their side of the road. It works this way in NZ Aus and UK but some other places will be opposite. So they had it painted in such away that the cars veering right took a big dive toward the cycle lane on the left before they veered right and the cars on the opposite side had all the room in the world to manoeuvre. The inevitable happened and a cyclist was injured before 'they' discovered 'their' folly and sand blasted the new lines out and replaced them. I bet the layout looked good on the screen but was a hazard away from it.

·
1,575 Posts
Not grumpy today. New pacemaker last Friday, new Grand daughter this Friday (1st grand child). ... Wee, can't believe my boy was that wee 35yrs ago.

·
1,575 Posts
I've been working at the same place for over 20 yrs and are the longest serving member on staff including all and yet I have the most 'junior' position. I've come to the conclusion that most that are senior to me in the authority rankings are pretty much just like dogs in that they come in piss on this pole or that and then leave. Another comes in his/her place pisses on the pole and then leaves. They just have to make their mark and the good thing about this is that my job never changes and I have a job because I'm always picking up the pieces.

·
1,575 Posts
I gave up on peebucket a few months ago 'cos it was so dang slow but now I've got pretty grumpy deleting everything that was left there as that was slow going too.

·
1,575 Posts
As the old saying goes ... no news is good news ... I realise the meaning was different but the end result is the same

·
1,575 Posts
What annoys the pants off me is when someone uses LOL in or at the end of a sentence. If I need to be instructed to laugh then how funny was it anyway?

·
1,575 Posts
Mattresses ... not so long ago some knob left a double/queen mattress on the roadside outside our place. When I saw it I was really grotted off and had to put up with it being there for a couple of days until it disappeared. I'm unsure where it went or who took it, if the council removed it or someone thought it was better than their own and rescued it but fortunately it wasn't there for too long. However since then there are currently four other mattresses in various places that I have noticed on the roadside within a couple of kilometres from home and these are only on the roads I've driven on so it makes me wonder how many more there might be on other roads. What is it with these mongrels that choose not to dispose of their unwanted crap and leave it in public places so that my rates have to subsidise the disposal of them? It really makes me grumpy.

·
1,575 Posts
AND the drivers all seem to be faked tanned , blonde and wearing sunglasses,even in the bloody rain . They move to a small community so it's nice and rural but never walk anywhere !!!
blonde ... you mean like this?

·
1,575 Posts
There were four guys sitting in a pub having a beer after work. Ring ring, Nigel answers his phone. "OK Hun, I'll do that" . "The wife want's me to get some milk on the way home"... "Nice phone Nige" ... "yeah it's a new Samsung S9". More beer and chat. ...buzz buzz ... John gets out his iPhone and answers a quick txt. ... "Are you going to get the latest iPhone John?" ... "Might do". Another round. Reginald slides up his sleeve. "The misses is reminding me the in-laws are coming for tea" ... "Nice Reg. New?" ... "Got it yesterday" ... Another round and there's a muffled buzz and Mike starts wriggling on his chair. "What's up Mike, you OK?" ... "Yeah, got a fax coming through"

·
1,575 Posts
"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEAVE THIS PAGE?" really ticks me off. Why would I hit another site in 'favourites' if I didn't want to leave this page? Sometimes I think pooters aren't too smart.

·
1,575 Posts
These dumbarses that ring and try and tell you they're ringing from Microsoft or Spark or whatever when the reality is they're doing their darndest to scam you. Today one rang and tried to tell me there was something wrong with our pc and internet connection. I struggled with his accent and had to get him to introduce himself about 3 times. I asked him if he thought I came down in the last shower to which he replied he didn't understand what I was on about. I put it another way and asked if he thought I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Again he said he couldn't understand what I was trying to get at. So a 3rd question. "Do you know what a recto-cranial insertion is?" "no sir I don't". So I told him to shove his head up his …. and he hung up.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts