SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (tifosi @ 3 May 2016, 23:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Apropos Morons with mobile phones

I tend to do the same but then I say BOOO loudly, it is great fun...

Visiting my wrinklies I was on the Oxford Tube (express double-decker for those who don't use it) there was a twat on a phone talking loudly for a few minutes. When he stopped talking the guy opposite one row back started reading his newspaper out loud. After about 30 secs guy one turns and asks him why he is reading out loud and why can he read silently. The whole bus erupted in laughter. Not sure if guy one actually realized why!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the party. Been too busy complaining!

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of my morning coffee and I don't own a cat!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (MRE @ 15 Jun 2016, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1. Motorway middle lane owners club members

Ah well here we are allowed to pass on the left like the US. So what we get are right lane hogs but if traffic permits we just go around them.

I'll just loiter a while before being publicly grumpy as some may not translate.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
^ Wot you need is some lion poo. Keeps those pesky cats away. I just made lots of noise with power tools until the neighbor moved away and took his cat with him. That and the wife's Chihuahua and the cat had a disagreement!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (munter @ 5 Jun 2016, 06:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I noticed during my visit to the UK that there were several machines that aaarrrk aaarrrk aaarrrk aaarrrked at you.
Reversing ones too and those electric carts at the airport aaarrrk aaarrrk aaarrrk aaarrrk bit like a sick frog

Here we have the dignified high pitched and slow reversing beep beep beep.

I tried to find but couldn't the Billy Connolly routine where he discusses the fact that trucks have a beep-beep-beep on the back to prevent injury when they are travelling at 2 mph in reverse but no warning when they are travelling a 70mph forward, which is obviously more dangerous.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (gordonzz @ 22 Jun 2016, 03:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hair! more specifically the fact that I now have a pair of eyebrows like a jason king moustache above each eye (ask your dad!) , what look like antennae emerging from my nostrils , pubes growing out of and on my ears.....yet an ever dwindling stock of hair on top of my head! genes eh??!!

That is called Manopause

We have a guy in our running group with Dennis Healey eyebrows like that. Almost every week someone is trying to get a pose together so they can wrestle him to the ground and trim them.

I think you will be OK as long as they don't meet in the middle.

That is what barbers are for? If you've got enough hair to warrant a trip?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Trying to fix my geezer goggles, without of course, the use of my geezer goggles. Aaaaagh...

Having a break and taking some blood pressure medication...

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Video reviews on YouTube?

What a complete and utter waste of bandwidth and server storage space. They don't tell one didly squat about the actual car. At least a text an photo review allows one to check the relative dimensions of the chassis etc.

Can I put Slot.it 10mm wide rims on my Scalextric 997? Ok I don't have a 997 but have done it on other GT cars. How the hell can I help if all the reviews (ie. Info about 997) is moving pictures of how pretty a car is or how nice the reviewer's living room is or brilliant the reviewer's smartphone is. They're enough to make one

What a waste of space!

There

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I recent bought a couple of Scalextric FIA European race trucks. Actually not bad.
They are impact resistant which I Ok because they both don't always fit on the same piece of track 

I have one Fly Truck and compared to that there is a lot of detail missing but they are detailed enough. Wheels are detailed enough and there are bit of detail in the chassis molding for mirrors and brake water tanks and, and. So with a few bits of paint here and there if I get carried away. I have been running these trucks and after a hour of so running them 1/32 scale cars look like 1/43.

What irks me is the packing.
They came in a tiny cardboard boxes. I mean I paid £15 each for them.
Yeah, they are detailed, have a chassis and motor and wheels etc. They go around the track OK. So the rear wheels don't run 100% true but I will not be removing the magnets and using them on the track so they will be OK. But why the crappy cardboard box? I mean? Charge me for metal hold down screw mot a crappy plastic one.

Some cars come with jewel cases and they cost £45. Come on Scalextric get with the program and charge the same for the box as we pay for the car. I mean after all the box is valuable right! I would happily pay twice the price or maybe more just to get that lovely jewel case that I throw away. Why spend money on the car when the plastic box is an integral part?

They shan't be getting anymore of my hard earned money!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (gus3049 @ 21 Sep 2016, 14:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As an OAP I can't see the problem!!!

However, show me where these discounts are. I wish I could get some. P'raps it's just the UK

If you are an OAP and live in UK you can go to Pendles or Topslotsntrain with your free bus pass and get stuff even cheaper. That would make Munter more inexplicably grumpy

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (Wobble @ 23 Sep 2016, 04:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I recently found out that my son and daughter in law are pregnant and I'll be a grandfather for the 1st time in March. Everyone asks me if I'm excited by the news but I don't think I am. I think it's brought home to me how old I actually am. It doesn't make me grumpy as such but everytime someone asks me what I would like to be called, Grandad, grandpa, grandpop, Poppa and various other options, I think I'd like to be called Grumpy. I think I'd like that.

Settle for Grampy

You've got a few years to firm it up.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (Lone Racer @ 29 Sep 2016, 04:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Again, Who is the oldest GOG on here?
I am 75 coming on 76 shortly and not expecting to make 77. Can any of you beat that record
Bryan B.

Lone,

Unless there is an underlying reason. Statistically if you have made it to 75 you are odds on to make it to 85. Seriously!
My old guy is 90!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (gordonzz @ 30 Sep 2016, 01:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>don't start me on hospital parking!!!!!!!

My mother disliked it so much she told my father they were selling the Citroen C5 and they bought a Smart Fortwo.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (gordonzz @ 13 Nov 2016, 04:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think its only being so bleedin' miserable that keeps us happy!

I remember read once, in some study or other, that miserable old gits/gitesses live longer.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (snowmanf @ 13 Nov 2016, 22:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would be wondering if they were those people who pretend to go looking around at houses but are really looking around to see what htey can steal.

Here in Thailand many houses get burgled after the guys have come to fix/clean the A/C!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Nice try but kids will eventually change it to Grampy. Why not just Stu if they talk to you and Grandfather if they talk about you?

Sir would be polite?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 16 Nov 2016, 00:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just donate to some carefully selected charities.

QUOTE (gordonzz @ 16 Nov 2016, 01:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am now VERY select in those that I support!

StuBeeDoo there is always the Lifeboat. Tynemouth is not far from you. If they waste it on expensive toys you can still go and see your money bobbing up and down in the water.

During 2016 Tynemouth lifeboats have so far launched 72 times on service, rescuing or bringing in 61 people.

Gordonzz same idea but maybe you live somewhere like Aylesbury, nowhere near the coast.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Well. I'm naive enough to think it may have been diverted to another RNLI build, But post 2004? Tsunami I know of at least one resort in Sumatra that has all new bathroom fittings destined for Aceh!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Not grumpy today! Just testing.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Apparently, it means he is a patient at Offenburger Akademie für Psychotherapie.

Or he is not an Old Alderman of Peel. Or Oversized Abdomen of Peel?

I'm sure there are lots?

PS V8 taking shape or more correctly loosing a lot of shape!

1 - 20 of 240 Posts