SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I dunno why but they always seem to come knocking on my door when I'm sick, sadly Dog's too cuddly to scare them off and I must be too as they always want to stand and chat.
I'm lucky if I get to a resturant on an anniversary, mind you it's not wedding just getting together and next one I'll be luckiy if theres any left round here.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Been an Excrement Show on the Streaming services, had to fettle with it to even get Die Hard as it's been flooded with those god awful Hallmark no expense spend Jobs that have scripts written by I'm guessing someone who attempted to spell FUDGE with their GCSE marks (the ones that replaced the O levels for the older ones) and literally are so copy and paste you could swapin other holidays or actors and you wouldn't know the difference.
I got crippled 2 years ago so I'm living with my parents so I spent the day with them, no Slot Car racing as didnt get it fixed in time and I've managed to get DVDs of some movies to watch later.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The adverts also have feck all to do with what it acctually smells like, that being said half of them get over used by those who use them so its probably helpful to show what it tastes like too.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I still have a key to a Car I ceased to own years ago, it went 'missing' when it was picked up for scrap but I've got no neferious means to it other than I loved that old rust heap and wanted something to remember it by.

As to wrapping being in the BMW fraternity (the cars you filthy individuals) I see it alot, usually a faux M car built to mimic the Gulf Playground cars of London, to the point one dipstick got a TV show of literally just doing it to various Super cars or Celeb cars naturally paid silly amounts to what boils down to putting on a big sticker.

Wrapped cars don't offend me though, its the ones known as 'Stanced', these automotive death traps usually have camber so servre it looks like the suspension has collapsed and they use tyres 3 sizes too small so it barely fits on the rim its stretched so much, notonly does it look bad but it's acctually quite dangerous rendering a really competant car insomecases utterly useless.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The other one is Bagged as it fitted with air bags, they can look like they are bad when sat but willbe fine once the cars on and the compressor fills the bags, I completely get it on big luxury cars as it gives to a nicer ride but when it's stuck on performance Cars it seems daft, sure it'll adapt but I'd be worried the bag will go bang when cornering really hard and the excessive wear would make it prone to leaks.

The Stanced thing acctually originates from 2 places Old race cars when set up for long straights and Bozoku (may have spelt the wrong) which basically boils down to what happens when you modify a Vehicle on LSD, Japanese biker gangs started with doing it to chopper style motorbikes and then it transitioned to cars and trucks with massive ott spoilers and exhausts and of course the aggresive Mum just stood on my Hotwheels Stanced suspension.

Either way though it is a bad trend that needs to die off as it's unsafe as well as hideous.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My Old Man's Kuga gets that, you get nothing and then the turbo finally decides to wake up, I'd personally tune it out but he's aprehensive as it can have an effect on the insurance.
Paddle Boxes have always been fun in traffic, you've got no control of the clutch so you have to feather the throttle to keep bite and sometimes especially if you've been driving something else with a normal manual or its not quite warmed up, it'll engage hard and lurch the car forward if theres just a smidge too much throttle.

As to Camber you go negative for straight stability or positive for fast turns, naturally it would be something that varies by track, my M3 for instance has a very slight Negative camber with it's set upmatched toa CSL as this works best for fast road use.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yeah height change of leafs is always a bit of an odd one, trucks you add blocks for height (or the back of your old Ford or Vauxhall if you wanted to pretend you were a dragster cruising up and down the seafront or main road).
With the Injury I can't go too low anymore, I did manage with the M3 before I stored it but much lower and I'd have to be lifted in and out and with the size of me that's easier said than done.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Oh God that, virtually lay in the back seat so have near bugger all control of the steering, all this I can drive like a bad boy nonsense yet sit in the worst position you can for high speed control.
Admitedly I usually have the seat low but if I didn't I wouldn't fit, I admitidly did have red Badges on my Civic but I didn't Type R badge it (they didn't make one in that shell for a start, the top was the VTi-S packing a detuned B18 from the DC2 'Teg Type R), it was more it just went nicer with its Black and red colours.
Older M Cars you can usually tell from a distance that aren't real due to the rear haunches so that M badge on the 320D isn't fooling anyone.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I've caught so many kits for the vents to be added afterwards (newer ones you can even do this as a factory order), its only the 46 onwards and even then it's acctually just athestic, you pop out the Gills on my M3 and you will see nothing but the backside of the inner wings, the reason I say rear haunches is the axles are physically wider so the rears always wide so even under body kits it can be a tell tale.
Same can be said of the exhaust, the E9xs were genuine quad pipes being V8 but the 6Cylinders have always been 2 until the backbox and you'll even see track cars converted to a twin or single exit to save weight.

Saying that about the Mustang badge reminded me of some horrors I'd see as a kid, I spent alot of time around the Yarmouth part of Norfolk and there was this one store that sold tons of fake tacky american stick on chrome things and I dunno what caused it but there were so many middle aged blokes who'd plaster their cars in it while going for the usual I wish I was a cowboy get up, thankfully that seems to have died off now so I don't have to violently return my chips anymore now.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The vast majority don't get a pre-production RHD which the ad Cars often are, there are some exceptions though, and it's also cheaper to do just one ad redubbed for all of Europe which is also kinda stupid as not ever country gets the same option list.
My local dealer hounds me to buy a new one too, despite the fact I clearly don't go for newer cars, next will be an alongside Car if I do go for another, sensible Choices would be something like an old Volvo or a Wagon R but I wouldn't mind something Cold War eastern block to go with the other unreliable nuisance machine.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That's curious because the parent countries of Nissan and Jaguar/Rover drive on the left (Japan and India).
The Japanese cars do sometimes appear RHD in the ads (a lot of models are built here even for Japan itself), not seen a mega recent JLR ad but it is odd as they often are RHD when going through production tests.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Anyone else find eBays starting to dissolve into Facebook Marketplace?

I've lot count of the number of Non payment claims I've had to file in the past 6 months or whinges and whines about postage etc not taking into account theres more to it than what you pay Royal Fail.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Is it just me having selective memory or did the turn signal lever migrate to a different side when UK entered the EEC/EU or whatever?
Varies by Manufacturer as a mate back in College had a Hyundai with it the oppisite side, pretty much always been on the left in everything I've driven though including the Humber Sceptre which was a 1963.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I still had it normal aka do it regardless when I did a AA thing to make sure I wasn't going to mow anyone down with the Delivery van, mind you I own a BMW so they expect me to not know what an indicator is, how to use it or what it tastes like, I dunno if it was an M option but my car does infact have them properly and not just with the park anywhere button.
The one I do, although not so much now as I only tend to drive occasionally in the Old Man's Kuga, is to phantom clutch when going to downchange.

As to artichoke artillery fire I tend to find fried food has a worse effect, I once managed to clear the top deck of a Bus with one woman screaming in a fit of complete disgust and rage while I tried desperately to keep a straight face so they didn't know it was me.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That is part of why they want to add Motorway use to the Driving curriculem before you pass your test, people don't realise that its not just effectively joining a road but you also need to match the traffic speed.
Lane disaplineis another one that you'd think theyd acctually know with dual Carraigeways but I've lost count of the times I've found dawdlers or even trucks who should know better sat in outer lanes as they either cant be bothered to come back over or have under estimated what the vehicle can manage.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Stu my old girl is a proper M, some argue the last of her breed being a N/A 6 with minimal bells and whistles.

Oh the Truck thing bugs me no end, for the most part they are stuck sub 60mph anyway so as long as they are moving they are keeping time but no that little impatience bug hits and they'll pull round and cause a nice fat tail back, and I can speak from experiance as the type of Van I had was 56 limited (it'd slow itself down too) and loaded you could see your speed cut in half on hills and it wasn't for lacking tourque so I made the effort to read ahead and know what it could do so I didn't cause those issues and kept good time.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Only just spotted the Country lane grumping, yeah that can be annoying but you really do need to drive to conditions on them and I've been amused where I've backed off to avoid incident and someone takes that as the need to come around as I'm not going fast enough for them, they'll try and come around or speed up only to nearly cock up because of the reason I've slowed for.

That being said I may owe some Villages and apology or two
biggrin.png

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Some seem to forget lanes arent always 2 vehicles wide, which is why theres passing points and it's up to the driver in front to pull over to allow you to pass (it does happen but never try to force them) and some bends can be completely blind.
I remember one occasion I did it properly, lane was wide at this point so it was safe and straight for a while, signal and pull around and as I'm side by side the d^^khead thought it was funny to speed up which wasn't the brightest idea as a bend was coming shortly, did get around safely though but it could have gone horribly wrong.

1 - 20 of 664 Posts